How do i add a verification code into the header.php
Hi, I’m new to WordPress and need some assistance with adding a Webgains verification code to the <head> section of my website?
I’ve upgraded and have the CSS option, but just cant seem to be able to find the header.php to place the code into the page source?
Any help would be hugely appreciated!
The blog I need help with is sneakerdealsgb.com.
That’s not possible and purchasing a CSS upgrade does not make it changeable. Metadata cannot be inserted on hosted versions of WordPress as we bloggers cannot access metadata on any free hosted WordPress.com blog and insert anything at all into the <header>.
More tot the point is that no blogger initiated advertising is allowed and you need to read what gets a WordPress.COM hosted blog suspended:
You need to hire a web host http://wordpress.org/hosting and set up a WordPress.org install.
WordPress.com and WordPress.org are completely separate.
1. Hire a web host http://wordpress.org/hosting/
3. Export your content out of your WordPress.com blog http://en.support.wordpress.com/export/ and import it into the install.
4. Purchase a site redirect upgrade from wordpress.com
http://en.support.wordpress.com/site-redirect/ or if you have domain mapping then update the nameservers http://en.support.wordpress.com/domains/domain-management/
5. Transfer subscribers and stats. See http://en.support.wordpress.com/moving-a-blog/moving-your-subscribers/
6. Set your wordpress.com blog visibility to private. To change blog visibility to private go to > Settings > Reading scroll to Blog Visibility and choose option 3 . See the guide here http://en.support.wordpress.com/settings/privacy-settings/
Alternatively you can purchase a Guided Transfer and Staff will do the move and set up for you http://en.support.wordpress.com/guided-transfer/
NOTE: WordPress.com and WordPress.org have different log-ins and run different versions of themes with same names. If you don’t have a username account at WordPress.ORG click http://wordpress.org/support/ and register one on the top right hand corner of the page that opens, so you can post to the support forums there and receive advice from WordPress.ORG bloggers.
The topic ‘How do i add a verification code into the header.php’ is closed to new replies.