How do I get BBPress???!????
hello everyone, I am trying to find out how to get bbpress on my blog and where is the plugins area in the dashboard. What do I click and how do I get bbpress. I do not understand all this file uploading stuff just need bbpress so my jets fans can chat, and add a new feature to my blog. If you can help me, please let me know….thanks!!!!
The blog I need help with is jetsfuelblog.com.
Hi. If you can’t find a Plugins area on the dashboard, it’s because there is none with WordPress.com:
So, you can’t add a forum to your existing WordPress.com, however you can create a free forum on another site. Here are some samples:
alright i got a good forum through freeforums.com but now how do i link it to my blog. I want when people click the forums tab, for this page and forums to come right up immediatley. so then what do i have to do for that? thanks
The forum your created has a URL (an active link). You can link to it in a custom menu by creating a custom link to it so there is a forum tab in the horizontal menu on the top of your blog.
A custom menu allows you to display Custom links in tabs along the horizontal navigation where normally only Pages tabs are displayed.
1. You create a custom menu. http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/
2. You add the Parent pages you want to display and arrange them in the order you want.
3. Then you add and drop and drag the subpages below the appropriate Parent pages, and when you have everything arranged in the menu that you want you save the menu.
4. Next you add your custom link to your forum. http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/#adding-custom-links
5. Go to the “theme location” module at upper left on the menu page. Select your custom menu name from the pulldown labeled “primary location.” Click the save button in that module.
5. Refresh your browser so that it isn’t possibly pulling a cached page, and view see your new menu with Parent pages and dropdowns to sub-pages.
no, i dont need that. i need to know how can when i click the tab “forums” for it to go directley to my free forums website…..how do i do that?
Ok i just got it to work but the tab is blank. when i put a title next to the big link with its symbols it does not work. how am i able to keep the link in the title but then put a title so then people know its the forums…? thanks
The topic ‘How do I get BBPress???!????’ is closed to new replies.