How do I get my blog recognized online?
So I’ve set-up my blog page. Now, I’m wondering how does one get their blog a www presence so that you get comments and feedback?
The blog I need help with is scrivenerlf.wordpress.com.
The searchbox is full of threads containing many suggestions for blog promotion, attracting more readers, and increasing blog traffic. ;)
To attract an initial traffic flow that will hopefully convert into regular readers and subscribers, new bloggers who have good writing skills need to focus on:
1. Learning and understanding SEO and optimizing blog post titles, sub-titles, and keywords.
2. Mastering use of the blogging platform that matches their goals and is easy to use.
3. Choosing a niche and staying with it.
4. Cultivating relationships.
There are 10 standard tips to get traffic that you hear over and over again in the blogosphere. Interesting content is an attractor and in blogging content is king but promotion is queen.
(1) You need to have expertise in a niche and you need to know how to write very well. That includes learning how to write “link bait” posts that other bloggers will backlink to.
(2) You need to get a Google webmasters account and verify your blog ownership with the 3 big search engines. http://en.support.wordpress.com/webmaster-tools/ Then you need to structure a reader friendly and search engine friendly blog by learning how to apply basic SEO (search engine optimization) techniques.
(3) You need to build an archive of high quality original content and keep adding to it. By effective use of keywords, keyword phrases, Categories and Tags your content will begin to draw organic traffic from search engines, after it is indexed and made available to potential readers using search engine to locate specific content of interest to them. Note: After our posts are published they appear on the wordpress.com global tags pages and that will result in some traffic.
(4) The rule of thumb is to start with about 6 pillar posts that showcase you expertise and then build on that foundation. You need to update your content frequently with new posts containing engaging content in order to hold reader interest.
(5) You need to learn how to promote your content effectively through social media like Twitter, social networks like Facebook, etc. and at RSS feed sites, thereby encouraging other bloggers to backlink to your posts.
Note: We have a Showcase Form for blog promotion at wordpress.com. It’s marginally effective at securing a little traffic only. I recommend going far beyond this garden wall by joining the major social networks and becoming active in them.
(6) You need to comment, comment, comment on other blogs in the same niche. You need to form relationships with other bloggers and create a blog centered community around your own blog while also helping them build a blog centered community around their blogs.
(7) You need to join online forums and user groups within the niche and expand your contacts by having enough self confidence to be able to promote your blog without coming across as a spammer.
Note: Next to traffic from search engines it’s relationships you create with other bloggers that is where traffic comes from.
(8) You need to encourage your readers to comment on your posts and respond to their comments ASAP after approving them. You need to backlink to their content when it’s related to the content in your new posts in order to encourage reciprocity.
(9) You need to participate in blog carnivals in your niche, consider setting up microblogs aimed at directing interested readers to your main blog.
(10) You need to become a guest blogger on blogs with a higher PageRank then your own blog has.
*** You need to have enough self confidence to be bold enough to state what I will now state: I am an experienced user of WordPress software. I blog about becoming a better blogger, building a better blog, and effective blog promotion. Please click my username and visit my site for more information of interest to you. *** :)
The topic ‘How do I get my blog recognized online?’ is closed to new replies.