how do I remove the date from the blog
help how do I move the date from the blog–within the CSS customization right? Thanks
The blog I need help with is revolutionarymarketingideas.com.
Each theme is individually designed. Some display dates on posts and some do not. Dates are embedded into every post URL we publish and cannot be removed. Dates that appear on the blog can be.
Important note: CSS editing is theme dependent. In some themes, dates, authors, categories and/or tags, “leave a comment” link cannot be hidden independently, as they are in the same selector, which means if you hide one, then you hide them all.
I searched for you. See here to hide the date on individual posts on the Chateau theme https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/chateau-theme-date-removal?replies=6#post-865569
New at this so how do I remove the dates that appear on the blog?
I think we were typing at the same time above. The instructions are here > https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/chateau-theme-date-removal?replies=6#post-865569
P.S. I noticed something else that will effect indexing of your content.
1. See here > Topics > Missing posts http://en.support.wordpress.com/topics/#missing-posts
2. Twitter hashtags are not blog tags remove them all.
To read more on Categories/Tags use go to this thread and read what I posted into it https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/why-doesnt-my-post-show-up-in-the-reader?replies=14
Wow your help is just amazing
I have been trying to do better SEO and struggling to find the best source. any advice. can’t seem to download the toast app
thanks so much!
one more silly question what about twitter handles such as @beavercreek. Thanks so much
Any thoughts on how to get more traffic for our blog would be so appreciated. Love wordpress and have been blogging for a year now!
thanks and have a great day!
Okay so here’s the deal. Over the course of the last couple of years bloggers and other webmasters thought they could end run Google and game the SERPs (search engine page results) successfully – ha!
They thought if they removed all dates from their posts their content would be considered “evergreen” and would hold the positioning they had in the SERPs. Those who had WordPress.org installs installed plugins to remove the dates from the whole blog and the URLs – as if!
From then until now there are those advising others do this and if they have WordPress.org blog they can but if they have WordPress.com blogs they can’t. Why? Because there is no FTP access to free hosted WordPress.com blogs and we bloggers cannot install any plugins.
Are we crying the blues here at WordPress.com? heck no! Our blogs on .wordpress.com sub-doimans have better SEO than those with all the SEO plugins, date removal plugins, do -follow comment links and employ gaming tactics do.
How do I know that? Let’s call, it experimentation that some SEO buddies tried ie. running two identical content blogs one with the silly sneak bells & whistles on a WordPress.org install on its own domain and one on a free hosted WordPress.com blog on a .wordpress.com sub-domain.
Now that I have said this don’t be surprised if a flock of WordPress.org lurkers zip in and try to argue the point. I don’t argue. My sources are solid. I know what I know and I shared what I know.
Once again @twiiter handles don’t belong in Categories/Tags. Don’t make the search spiders choke by playing cute. They are programmed to scorn all cuteness.
how to get more traffic for our blog
On the bottom of your Admin page you will find a link to the Learn WordPress.com blogging Tutorial prepared by Staff. http://learn.wordpress.com/
The support documentation is all found at the Support link http://en.support.wordpress.com which is also on the bottom of your Admin page.
Reciprocity is alive and well in the blogosphere. Social networking is strictly give to get. It takes months of posting unique content frequently to attract viewers who will actually submit comments. The best way to get comments on your own posts is to leave meaningful comments on blogs with similar content to what’s in your own blog. Set a goal of commenting on “X” number of blogs weekly and carry through.
These 5 videos introduce how Google discovers, crawls, indexes your site’s pages, and how Google displays them in search results. It also touches lightly upon challenges webmasters and search engines face, such as duplicate content http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2010/03/22/5google-webmasters-video-tutorials/
If you are using a WordPress.com theme good SEO is a given. However, going beyond the theme what the blogger has done within that structure is worth evaluating. Whether you write informative, persuasive or controversial content learning how search engines work, and how to apply basic SEO to you content will benefit your blog as it will increase traffic from targeted readers. http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2011/10/21/two-seo-videos-for-bloggers/
Here are 25 basic steps to take to increase traffic to your blog:
1. Structure a reader and search engine blog;
2. In blogging content is king create unique, high quality content so publish fresh content frequently;
3. Learn basic SEO so you can use keywords effectively and apply basic SEO to your headlines, blog and posts;
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the “natural” or un-paid (“organic” or “algorithmic”) search results.
4. Make your blog posts look professional;
5. Create at least 4-6 pillar posts and continue to create pillar posts;
Pillar posts are also referred to as flagship content. Pillar posts are comprehensive posts that offer great value to readers as the contents are timeless in nature. They define you as having authority in the niche you blog in.
6. Select and link to appropriate anchor text;
7. Leave meaningful comments on related blogs and encourage comments on your own blog;
8. Develop relationships with other bloggers so you can build a blog readers’ community around your own blog;
9. Support the blog centered communities on related blogs by commenting on them and promoting posts from them;
10. Link to authoritative sources in your posts;
11. Deep link to your earlier related posts in your new posts;
12. Assign appropriate categories and tag your posts with care;
13. Link to related authoritative blogs in your blogroll;
14. Provide RSS feeds for subscribers;
RSS (Rich Site Summary or really simple syndication) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it.
15. Having a well designed theme is important, evaluate your theme for effectiveness, and if required, create a new header, make improvements or replace your theme and reduce page loading time;
16. Avoid cluttering your blog with widgets that lack reader value and slow page loading time;
17. Buy your own domain and domain mapping;
18. Verify your blog with the three big search engines.
19. Get organized, use an online to do list by developing a blogging workflow;
20. Join social networks and social media sites like Facebook and use Twitter, Friendfeed and other Free RSS directories to promote your blog posts;
21. Promote your blog through social networks, online groups, and selected directories;
22. Develop a social media time management strategy and stick to it;
23. Submit your latest pillar article to a blog carnival;
24. Become a guest blogger on sites with higher page rank than your own site.
25. Create newsletters and/or ebooks for your subscribers.
A belated welcome to WordPress.com where we have only technical support forums that cannot be used for blog promotion or discussion purposes. ;) Please respect our policy https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/forums-housekeeping?replies=1
This thread has been tagged for closure. Please do NOT continue to post into it.
If you still want help to do CSS editing on your blog then please create a new CSS thread by clicking this link > https://en.forums.wordpress.com/forum/css-customization#postform
The topic ‘how do I remove the date from the blog’ is closed to new replies.