How many comments can handle a single page?
For now, there’s no possibility to have an embedded forum, or discussion board, in a page yet. So I was thinking. What about if I open a static page and I leave it for discussions only using the comments? In that case it would be almost like a sort of offline chat. But I thought, does it make sense? Is there a limit of comments users can post in a single page? Or other possible problems I can encounter later?
Thanks for your help :)
PS: just in case, I know:
– difference between .org .com
– no I don’t want an external forum
– yes, I saw the P2 theme but it doesn’t work for me and I don’t want it in another external blog.
The blog I need help with is italianeography.com.
Yes, you can do that.
Note: Other Comment Settings > http://en.support.wordpress.com/settings/discussion-settings/#other-comment-settings
4. Enable threaded (nested) comments __ levels deep
5. Break comments into pages with __ comments per page and the __ last page displayed by default
6. Comments should be displayed with the __ comments at the top of each page-
thank you @timethief
I’m not sure which would be the best way to do it.
I was thinking to not use any nested option because if there are too many it’s a mess and if there aren’t enough it could be difficult the same. So just using the classic @ to refer to the person for the answer.
I don’t think there is the possibility to set up the rules for the comments on one page but not in all the others. If I’m not wrong, every time I change a configuration, that configuration will be applied to all the rest of the blog.
The topic ‘How many comments can handle a single page?’ is closed to new replies.