how to advertise my blog?
How do i advertise my blog?
If you do a search of the forum for terms related to promotion and readership, you’ll find a couple of thousand tips.
I recommend commenting on other blogs, telling people about your site. Then, most of the people who see it may click on your site’s link.
However, make sure that you don’t ONLY put your WordPress address in the comments, or the author may consider it as spam. Make sure to write a small comment for the blog, then adding your link may be effective.
Hey! Nice post!
Like you, I just started a blog about “enter text here”, and I was wondering if some of you guys would check it out and leave some comments on my blog. So would you please visit http://blognamehere.wordpress.com/ ?
Thanks a bunch! :D
Don’t do that, for the love of god. It’s spam. It’ll get you reported as a spammer and marked as Spam in Akismet. Because it’s spam. Don’t do that.
Great – now tips on how to be a spammer – and I thought the people that approved Spam were bad –
On the bottom of your Admin page you will find a link to the Learn WordPress.com blogging Tutorial prepared by Staff. http://learn.wordpress.com/ The support documentation is all found at the Support link http://en.support.wordpress.com which is also on the bottom of your Admin page.
This may also help > Mastering Shameless Blog Promotion > http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2010/01/27/mastering-shameless-blog-promotion/
Here are 25 basic steps to take to increase traffic to your blog:
1. Structure a reader and search engine blog;
2. In blogging content is king create unique, high quality content so publish fresh content frequently;
3. Learn basic SEO so you can use keywords effectively and apply basic SEO to your headlines, blog and posts;
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the “natural” or un-paid (“organic” or “algorithmic”) search results.
4. Make your blog posts look professional;
5. Create at least 4-6 pillar posts and continue to create pillar posts;
Pillar posts are also referred to as flagship content. Pillar posts are comprehensive posts that offer great value to readers as the contents are timeless in nature. They define you as having authority in the niche you blog in.
6. Select and link to appropriate anchor text;
7. Leave meaningful comments on related blogs and encourage comments on your own blog;
8. Develop relationships with other bloggers so you can build a blog readers’ community around your own blog;
9. Support the blog centered communities on related blogs by commenting on them and promoting posts from them;
10. Link to authoritative sources in your posts;
11. Deep link to your earlier related posts in your new posts;
12. Assign appropriate categories and tag your posts with care;
13. Link to related authoritative blogs in your blogroll;
14. Provide RSS feeds for subscribers;
RSS (Rich Site Summary or really simple syndication) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it.
15. Having a well designed theme is important, evaluate your theme for effectiveness, and if required, create a new header, make improvements or replace your theme and reduce page loading time;
16. Avoid cluttering your blog with widgets that lack reader value and slow page loading time;
17. Buy your own domain and domain mapping;
18. Verify your blog with the three big search engines.
19. Get organized, use an online to do list by developing a blogging workflow;
20. Join social networks and social media sites like Facebook and use Twitter, Friendfeed and other Free RSS directories to promote your blog posts;
21. Promote your blog through social networks, online groups, and selected directories;
22. Develop a social media time management strategy and stick to it;
23. Submit your latest pillar article to a blog carnival;
24. Become a guest blogger on sites with higher page rank than your own site.
25. Create newsletters and/or ebooks for your subscribers.
That’s spamming! Please check out my commenting policy and know that we experienced bloggers like raincoaster, auxclass and myself will not approve any comments that contain opportunistic link drops as you suggest. Your username is already linked to your blog in a comment and including another one means I would send your comment directly to the Akismet spam filter.
And fire whatever ‘guru’ told you that was a good idea.
The topic ‘how to advertise my blog?’ is closed to new replies.