How to approve domain transfer after initial denial

  • Author
    Posts
  • #888639

    I am trying to transfer my domain from WordPress (Wild West Domains) to Blue Host so I can use WordPress.org. I followed all of the steps in the guide and got a “denied” message. I did a little digging and discovered that I had to cancel private registration. I did this, and now I don’t know how to proceed. The domain is not on “pending transfers” list, and the domain info at Blue Host says this:
    ———————————————–
    Registrar: Wild West Domains, Inc.
    You will need to contact Wild West Domains, Inc., who is the current registrar for the domain and have them approve the transfer. Otherwise the transfer should proceed within 7 days of the transfer purchase.
    Transfer Tracking#
    Assigned: 508428

    According to the Gaining and Losing Registrars, it appears that the codes you’ve supplied were correct. Once you tell the Losing Registrar (the current Registrar for runningforautism.com) to release the domain, we will be able to accept the domain into your account. You should receive an email from the Losing Registrar asking you to approve or decline this request. Please follow the instructions and ACCEPT the transfer. If you choose to DECLINE the transfer, you might be able to receive a refund within 90 days if you contact customer service. You may also have to contact or to login to your old registrar to manually release the domain. Otherwise, if you can just wait 7 days, the Losing Registrar should release the domain automatically.
    ———————————————-
    Please let me know where to go from here!

    The blog I need help with is runningforautism.com.

    #888891

    I’ve tagged this for staff attention and hopefully someone will reply soon to help you out.

    #888925

    macmanx
    Staff

    As long as the transfer has been initiated on the receiving end, the transfer will be initiated automatically within the stated time frame.

    We do not have a way to manually release the domain for transfer.

    #888930

    Thanks for replying, even though I am NOT happy at the answer. I have to wait seven days now??? This has the potential to mess me up a bit.

    Thanks anyway.

    #888931

    macmanx
    Staff

    If you’re concerned, you could try canceling and re-initiating the transfer on the receiving end.

    It won’t cause any problems and may speed up the process.

    #888933

    No, I’ll just wait, but thank you for the idea. Sorry for being such a cranky-arse earlier!

    If I might offer a friendly suggestion? Could the guide (http://en.support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/domain-management/#transfer-to-another-registrar) be updated to include more explicit instructions on exactly HOW to cancel the private registration? Just might prevent other people from getting caught off-guard by this.

    Thanks for the help.
    Kirsten

    #888935

    macmanx
    Staff

    That’s a great idea! Thanks!

The topic ‘How to approve domain transfer after initial denial’ is closed to new replies.