How to customise blog to support users uploading photos & voting ala ICHC?

• I want to create a small community site (hopefully on WP) where people can join the site, upload photos/graphic files & vote on each others’ submissions (even just a thumbs up/thumbs down) & comment on them, ala ICHC icanhascheezburger (though no captioning required). Ability for RSS feeds would also be great.

Can I pay to obtain these features on WordPress? I didn’t want to pay for the premium upgrade only to discover it doesn’t do what I want. I had a look at the themes and couldn’t really find what I was after. It seems to be a pretty simple concept but I can’t see any templates for it?

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Michelle

• You can pay if you can document 500,000 hits a month and afford the several hundred dollars in setup costs and $600 per month.

Otherwise, no, you cannot do everything you want at WordPress.COM. You can do it with indpendent hosting using software from WordPress.org.

• Those costs are for the VIP program. Regular WP.com will not do this.

• Arg. I’ve been looking everywhere for this functionality. Any ideas?

• Go to WordPress.org, download the software, and buy some web hosting. Then you’re on your own. But at least then what you ask for is possible.

• The topic ‘How to customise blog to support users uploading photos & voting ala ICHC?’ is closed to new replies.