I have the CSS upgrade (and just purchased the Pro Bundle) and just switched themes to The Columnist; I've configured a lot of it, but a few things still elude me. I've inquired about them in the forums but have heard nothing back, and I don't have a great deal of time.
1. On pages with either single posts or pages, approximately the left half of the text block is obscured by a black field; I simply can't figure out which element it is, in order then to change its coding.
2. Is there a simple CSS code to change the number of words in the thumbnail excerpts on e.g. the main page? I should like to have say five lines of text before the "continue reading" notice (which, incidentally, I should also like to edit, and also to place a "[...]" right after the excerpt).
3. How do I reduce the height of the boxes containing the thumbnail images and the text, so that the three horizontal rows have less space between them?
4. Is there a way using the CSS editor to set a number of posts per page for the monthly archive pages that's different than the one set via the dashboard?
5. On the single post pages, I should like to remove the line of text "posted by ... " and I'm not sure how to do so.
6. It's under the date on those pages that I'd like to post the information about the post's categories and tags.
7. How do I suppress the navigational elements in the footer on pages with the thumbnail images and text while preserving them on single post pages?
As you can see, I have a lot of questions ...
One thing I've noticed that's quirky: when loading the page or refreshing it, for some part of a second the bits of text are displayed first in purple, then in blue, before appearing in the black in which I've coded them. Is this a feature of the CSS coding for the theme, or just my computer (a Macbook Pro with retina display)?