How to remove comments completly?
I just bought the custom upgrade. I would like to remove the comments capability from the blog altogether. I don’t want comments! Or “leave a reply” at all!
I know nothing about CSS!!!
I’m using “Blaskan” theme on this blog
I’m hoping someone can tell me what code to use and where to put it?
The blog I need help with is traceyclement.wordpress.com.
If you just want to disable comments on your website, you actually don’t need CSS! I’ve noticed that you’ve already done so in your website’s general settings (Dashboard > Settings > Discussion). Now you need to apply that change manually to the posts and pages that were already published when you changed the general setting. To do so:
– Go to your Dashboard > All Pages page.
– Check that checkbox on the first row, just left of “Title”, to select all your pages at once.
– In the Bulk Actions dropdown menu, select “Edit” and then click “Apply”.
– You will have several options available for bulk edit. Go to the Comments dropdown menu and select “Do not allow”.
– Click the “Update” button on the right side of the page.
You may repeat the same procedure for Dashboard > All Posts as well.
thanks so much for your brilliant and simple solution!
How to delete comments we made on others blog?
It is not possible to edit or delete any comments you have left on other WordPress.com blogs. Blog owners are in full control of the comments on their blogs, so you can try contacting the blog owner and ask them to edit or delete a comment for you. You can read more about this here: Comments I’ve Made
Since the original issue in this thread was resolved, I am closing the thread now. If you have any further questions about comments or other issues, please post a new forum topic with your questions. Thanks!
The topic ‘How to remove comments completly?’ is closed to new replies.