How to remove the footer "September 6, 2013 | Categories: Uncategorized | Leave"

• Author

eventhra

I am using the Modularity Lite theme. The following footer appears below any post I add on the home page –
    “September 6, 2013 | Categories: Uncategorized | Leave A Comment » | Edit”
    I want to remove it, how can I do this?

The blog I need help with is eventhra.wordpress.com.

gamenology1

Can you please provide a screenshot of what you are talking about?

You can find out how to do so HERE

auxclass

You need the CSS upgrade to remove the date line from the Post

eventhra

Thanks for your responses.

I understand that I will need to the CSS upgrade. However, what I wanted to confirm before I take the upgrade is whether it is actually possible to remove the complete footer once I have the upgrade?

I was going through the following link and tried out the suggestions in the preview section of the CSS custom update.

https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/how-to-remove-latest-entry-title?replies=19

From this link, it looks like it is only possible to tweak the footer partially but not completely removed? Can someone please clarify/confirm this to me?

justpi

To remove the metadata from the main page as well as the single post view, you’d add this in the CSS editor:

.postmetadata {
        display: none;
    }

To remove the metadata from the main page only, you’d add this:

.blog .postmetadata {
        display: none;
    }

eventhra

Thanks a lot for the response.

I had posted another question separately –
    https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/unable-to-format-text-in-welcome-message-content?replies=1#post-1421331

Are you able to help me there as well?

Looks like your other thread got some great replies, so I’m going to close the threads! :) If you need help again, just start a new help request.

The topic ‘How to remove the footer "September 6, 2013 | Categories: Uncategorized | Leave"’ is closed to new replies.