How to remove twitter post?
Kindly refer to http://evanstang.com.
1. How can I hide the Twitter Post (‘Sunday morning rox’) so that I only see “Follow on Twitter”?
2. Also, is it possible to add Facebook/ Twitter icons beside the lines “Like on Facebook” and “Follow on Twitter”?
Thanks in advance
The blog I need help with is evanstang.com.
Instead of using the actual Twitter widget, you can just use a text widget and paste in the code for a follow button; that solves both issues in one step, as the Twitter logo is part of the link that will take them to your account.
You can either use the plain ones created by Twitter at https://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons#follow, or Google “Twitter Buttons” to get a more creative one.
The ones from Twitter.com will come with your user information already in the html code. The ones you get from other sites will have some text along the lines of “your info goes here” that you will need to replace with your Twitter url.
I don’t really use Facebook, but I assume you can just Google “Facebook Button” and do the same thing.
Thanks Nerdygirlom, that was very helpful :) I have managed to add the follow button, you can see how it looks like at evanstang.com. However, can you kindly help me with a couple more questions:
1. Is it possible to change the physical dimensions of the follow button? Currently it is a little too long and the “followers” portion has been cut off.
2. I copied and pasted the twitter button URL, but anything from ” onwards (script>!function……) just come out as the raw html codes. Are you able to advise on that?
3. Currently, the text in the follow button is “Follow@Evans_Tang”. How do I get rid of the @Evans_Tang portion? I just want the button to show “Follow”. I unchecked “Show username” on the Twitter website but the html code still comes out with @Evans_Tang.
Thanks very much!
Any of these should work (one of them is the one I normally use, and I tested a few of the others on my own blog just now): http://www.squidoo.com/follow-me-twitter
The topic ‘How to remove twitter post?’ is closed to new replies.