I cannot log out or view my stats
I cannot log out or view my stats for my blogs, since about a month. When i click on view stats or log out, the page does not load and following appears on the browser:
“The connection has timed out
The server at wordpress.com is taking too long to respond.”
This happens irrespective of the browser, firefox, chrome etc,
This is happening since a month and I am seriously thinking of quitting wordpress.
The blog I need help with is prakavi.wordpress.com.
That’s odd so let’s try and find the cause.
1. How are you connecting to the internet and to WordPress.com? The way you connect to the internet (mobile, satellite, DSL, dial-up) and to your blog, and how many proxy server jumps etc. it takes to connect can cause problems. There maybe be problems with your ISP and/or with the proxy servers. Can you access any of these directly?
2. Are you using http:// or the recommended https:// log-in see http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
3. Exactly which browser and version of it are you using? If you don’t know click here to find out > http://whatsmyuseragent.com/
4. Have you tried using the browser with all extensions or add-ons disabled?
5. Do you have third party cookies enabled? http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=61416
The problem has solved on its own, without me doing anything. It is quite strange however. Now there is no problem in logging out or viewing the stats.
Thanks for the suggestions anyways. :)
However, the connection still seems to be a bit slow, and sometimes gets timed out. I connect through a USB wireless broadband service.
The topic ‘I cannot log out or view my stats’ is closed to new replies.