1. forums post to them mainly the off topic and showcase forum. showcase is a huge attracter post what your blog is about
2. seek out people in your niche. i'm a poet so i search under the poetry tag for other poems to read and comment and people follow back from my name link to my site.
3. social network: facebook, twitter, myspace, linked in, previous blogs you may have used, yahoo, etc.
4. web forums that are specific to what you are blogging about i do poetry so i used absolutewrite and writerscafe etc.
5. messageboards: aol.com and others are really good for find followers
6. the people in your life.tell them about it.
7. have another blogger in your niche or others add you to their blog roll (if they like what you write well enough that is) and return the favor that way both of you benefit with traffic.
8. experiment with the web they are lot's more ways.
good luck :)
also christiangrblr has a really good article that can help and so does a blogger called timethief. good luck.