I have Wix.com domain – they do not allow changing domain's names – what to do?
I’m sorry – I have read and read these links and do not understand them.
WIX DOES NOT ALLOW changing the domain names – they supply a code to give to wordpress.
I just purchased mapping through WordPress at 13$ but does not seem to have done the trick. I do not understand what to do. Please, help.
I flagged this thread for Staff to guide you through this process. Please be patient while waiting.
I assume then that they want you to add an A Record. This is possible, but a bit complicated as you’ll need to use your DNS manager.
In order to use DNS Manager, the name servers will need to be updated.
To set the A record, please try these steps:
1. First, log into your Domain Manager by following the instruction of the “Domain Manager Login” section here:
2. Once you’re logged in, click on the domain name you want to edit.
3. Under Nameservers, click on “Set Nameservers”.
4. In the pop-up window, select “I have specific nameservers for my domains”.
5. Replace any name servers listed with the following:
6. Click on OK to save, wait a few minutes for the settings to go through, and then refresh the page.
7. When the nameservers change, you’ll see some information under DNS Manager, and a link that says “Launch” – click that link to edit your DNS records.
8. The A record of your domain should be listed as the first record on the list. In the Actions columns on the left, click on the pencil/notepad icon to edit the record (make sure you click on the icon for the same line that the A record is on).
9. Finally, use the information provided to your by your new host to fill out the “Host Name” and “Points To IP Address”. The field labeled “TTL” should stay in the default “1 Hour” value. Click on OK to save the new record.
That’s it – your new A record should go live after a short delay.
is this information not updated to the current language on each page – I have read this in previous links – and still do not understand the jargon – and further cannot find — uggg
Sorry, that link to the name server guide was out of date.
I have updated it as above.
Unfortunately, creating an A Record is complicated. Changing name servers is much easier, and it’s unfortunately that Wix doesn’t offer name servers.
You’ll need to follow the guide above to unlock the DNS Manager so you can set an A Record.
…I appreciate you trying to help me. Unfortunately – I cannot find “Domain Administration”
– scrapping this – that being said…
…do you think it might possible to cancel my domain where it is with wix – then purchase the yearly package with wordpress – and also get that same domain name I had previously ? …or is that also another drawn out process where I will have to wait days and risk losing the name altogether?
Oh, I’m sorry, your domain is with Wix. Oops, I thought you meant it was with us and you needed to direct it to Wix.
Ok, we can only support domain mapping via name server change, so you need to get Wix to allow you to change the name servers.
If they are refusing to allow you to change the name servers on the domain that you own, you’ll need to transfer the domain registration to another registrar which allows you to do (which in my experience is apparently any registrar but Wix).
The topic ‘I have Wix.com domain – they do not allow changing domain's names – what to do?’ is closed to new replies.