I haven't got a drop down menu to add or change plugins.
I haven’t got a menu to add or change plugins. I want to add a Google + widget and followed all the instructions but when it goes to add the plugin I cannot find the menu which lets me look, change or add plugins.
The blog I need help with is kimsbeautydrawer.com.
Well, first of all you can’t use plugins because you have a wordpress.COM blog, not a wordpress.ORG blog. For security reasons, we cannot use plugins here.
We have a G+ widget in the built in widgets set, if memory serves.
Is there anyway I can change to a .org blog so I can access the widget menu?
If you want what WordPress.ORG provides then you can hire a web host and set up a a WordPress.org install. To move your content you need to create an XML export file of your content. It will not include the theme as they cannot be exported. See 3 below.
WordPress.com and WordPress.org are completely separate.
1. Hire a web host http://wordpress.org/hosting/
3. Export your content out of your WordPress.com blog http://en.support.wordpress.com/export/ and import it into the install.
4. Purchase a site redirect upgrade from wordpress.com
http://en.support.wordpress.com/site-redirect/ or if you have domain mapping then update the nameservers http://en.support.wordpress.com/domains/domain-management/
5. Transfer subscribers and stats. See http://en.support.wordpress.com/moving-a-blog/moving-your-subscribers/
6. Set your wordpress.com blog visibility to private. To change blog visibility to private go to > Settings > Reading scroll to Blog Visibility and choose option 3 . See the guide here http://en.support.wordpress.com/settings/privacy-settings/
Alternatively you can purchase a Guided Transfer and Staff will do the move and set up for you http://en.support.wordpress.com/guided-transfer/
NOTE: WordPress.com and WordPress.org have different log-ins and run different versions of themes with same names. If you don’t have a username account at WordPress.ORG click http://wordpress.org/support/ and register one on the top right hand corner of the page that opens, so you can post to the support forums there and receive advice from WordPress.ORG bloggers.
The topic ‘I haven't got a drop down menu to add or change plugins.’ is closed to new replies.