I’m getting 10,000 to 40,000 hits on a specifc blog post. How is it possible?

• Author

fracas

The most hits I’ve ever gotten in one day is 13,137. I wouldn’t mind this problem.

teck07

Wow the most hit’s I got in one day was 609

I wouldn’t mind this problem.

I 2nd that! :)

Teck

melissalori

lol… Im new to wordpress and the title caught my attention..was going to ask how to get that many hits. I’m with artpage1, only, I think the 2 hits are my own checking for edits!!

Anywayz, hi! Im not spam…boring maybe, and not very entertaining..but not spam either!!! :-p

scopettg

Hi Rain!

It’s possible. But I’m sure don’t want to be that hot, nor that cold.
    Over a 10,000 hits is pretty scary, and if it’s in Singapore, I’d become the blog king with a daily hits like that. LOL~

The problem about this ‘possibility’ is that you’d attract attention of the wrong sorts, especially when Singapore is pretty culturally weak and, although the government does promote blogging the law side people do know the peculiarity of blogging, there are still a whole bunch people who don’t see the point but got enough authority to mess things up for the world to see.

The most hits I got for a post is silly rant, about 300+. Won’t that be a lot of bandwidth needed if your site got such a ridiculously volume of attention?

40,000hits~ LOL~ Too hot to be true.

BTW, I have rang up the Support, OMG they didn’t detect any problem, so I have to tell the ‘story’. I think the broken counter is a pretty hard to fix problem if it is hard to detect in the first place.

Ciao. I got to go.

Scope.

moinansari

Maybe I am in the wrong fourm but my site http:/www.rupeenews.com (http://www.moinansari.wordpress.com) is not getting ANY hits from wordpress.com. All my hits about 2500 on a daily basis are from external sources. This leads me to believe that my site is not on the wordpress search engine.

What do I do to rectify the situation
    moinansari.wordpress.com

framedshadow

funny!

rosclarke

You can check the wordpress tags page to make sure that your posts are showing up there. Choose an unusual tag because the more common ones move pretty fast.

But I wouldn’t be particularly surprised that most of your hits come from outside WordPress. Most people search on Google etc., rather than on WP specifically.

moinansari

They used to show up on the tags. Not anymore. NONE of my referrals are coming from WordPress. Sacred path HELP

gentledove

Hits glorious hits
    I have tried everything
    I’m at the end of my wits
    all my wiles have come to naught
    gunna undo my blouse and show me **** [deleted]
    I’m quite happy to trundle along really [sigh]

mikedancy

I would suggest google analytics if you want to get really serious about tracking the traffic. My cpanel / webalizer tells me that I get 300+ uniques per day on my one blog (dancy.ca) but in reality, it’s only 50-60 uniques per day according to Google Analytics.

it’s really easy to install. once you set up an account, you just put the code in before the /body text.

@mike, we cannot use GA here at wordpress.COM. No javascript allowed here.

The topic ‘I’m getting 10,000 to 40,000 hits on a specifc blog post. How is it possible?’ is closed to new replies.