With the Twitter buyout of Posterous I'm concerned about the couple of years I've invested in building up my Posterous blog. Right now I'm importing it to my wordpress blog just in case.
There are so many unknowns though. I tried searching for answers to these questions, but couldn't really find anything:
1. Does WordPress also have the ability to auto-post to FaceBook and Twitter? One thing I really like(d) about Posterous is the ability to send email to my blog (with tags) and have the post auto-posted to FaceBook, Twitter and Tumblr. So it was a one-stop, easy way to publish everywhere. I know it is possible to set an email address to post to WordPress, but is there a way of then having my entries auto-posted elsewhere?
2. Can subscribers to my WordPress blog reply with comments by email?
3. WordPress is currently importing my Posterous post. It says it is also bringing in attachments. So far the status is:
Will the attachments actually be stored at WordPress?
4. This one is a little woolly. I actually started my blog with a self-hosted WordPress blog in my Hostgator account. When I imported that blog to Posterous I believe it just imported references to the attachments instead of the attachments themselves. So I've kept that old self-hosted WordPress blog running so make sure there aren't old broken attachments. I wonder how the WordPress.com import will deal with this.
5. In fact, I wonder if it is best to just return to my own self-hosted WordPress.com blog at Hostgator. Anybody have any thoughts about that (features only here at WordPress.com, etc.?)
The blog I need help with is douglerner.wordpress.com.