@hastingslawlibrary: sorry it's still not working for you. Could you please have those users try the same steps that I provided earlier in this thread? Here is the information that applies to your case as well:
What you describe happens because the users in question previously blocked WordPress.com from receiving invite emails (which is different from receiving notification when a new blog is published). You can confirm whether someone blocked invite email under Users > Invite New in your blog admin (it will say "Blocked" under "Actions" for previously invited users, or you won't be able to invite them at all).
Here are the instructions you can share with users who want to unblock invite emails:
- On https://subscribe.wordpress.com/ enter the email address used on WordPress.com and click on "Request details".
- You will receive an email titled "[Subscribe] Your Subscription Details" containing a link looking like this: https://subscribe.wordpress.com/?key=a111b222&email=wp%wp.com.
- Copy that link in your browser address and add &unsub_invites&option=cancel at the end.
- You should get a line that looks like https://subscribe.wordpress.com/?key=a111b222&email=wp%wp.com&unsub_invites&option=cancel -- click enter to load it.
- A confirmation message will appear: "You will now receive invite emails again at [email redacted]. To stop receiving them, click here".
Once this is done, the user will be able to receive invite emails again.
I apologize for the inconvenience. I realize that it's currently easy to block invite emails, but not straightforward to undo this action. We are looking into improving this.
If any of your users have trouble unblocking emails, please have them post into this thread from their username, and I'll gladly assist them further.