Is there a virus?
I edited a page and had an alert at the top of the page saying that there was an autosave version. I clicked on that and then selected the most recent version. Then a white screen appeared with something about self comparison and then self destruction and an countdown until I saw a black screen that said “wake up (my user name), and then stuff about the white rabbit. I quickly closed the page.
The blog I need help with is musclesinkneadmassage.com.
Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to blogs
Read > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
1. If you can log-in go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
Can you tell me the name of the page on which this happened? Were you using the same browser as when you started this thread?
I can’t remember which page. I do remember now that it was when I clicked on “Compare Revisions” that this occurred. Using Safari — yes, the same browser as when I started this thread.
“wake up (my user name), and then stuff about the white rabbit.
The good news is it’s not a virus but a hidden Easter egg in the WordPress software
Here is a video displaying the Easter egg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkF4WLSkz-U
Nice catch sl1k. Thanks for sharing.
You’re welcome chyna,
I didn’t stick around for the full joke. I have a Mac so am not so familiar with viruses and this scared me. It was late at night (thus, I guess I hit the two buttons).
Your instincts were right, if it was late at night I would’ve been spooked as well. There are several Easter Eggs, and as you saw, I haven’t even seen them all. Keep your eyes open for them! :)
You’re welcome! oddeggdesign,
The topic ‘Is there a virus?’ is closed to new replies.