Need help? Check out our Support site, then

iso-8859-7 to utf-8

1. How can i change the encoding of my base files (posts and comments) so when I change to utf-8 encoding my blog will remain readable???

2. Base files? I don't know if we have access to those here at Do you host your own blog yourself? If so, you should ask here at the forum because the software runs differently:

3. nope it's hosted... all ideas are welcome

4. I believe you should send a feedback to staff with a link back to this thread.

5. Have you tried:

Options -> Reading
    Syndication Feeds
    Encoding for pages and feeds

By default, at least on my blog, the encoding type is set to UTF-8

6. well when i imported my blog's posts and comments from blogger i had to change to iso-8859-7 in order to have a readable blog, changing to utf-8 turns it unreadable... i have used the feedback to report the situat├Čon... thank you people

7. I think changing the encoding only works for future posts, not ones aready made.

8. drmike i got that... i think something like the use the following plugin for blogs could help blogs but i am not sure if there are any security concerns...

9. I would suggest sending in a feedback and suggest it and why you think it's needed to staff but I would think that it would cause more issues than solve.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic