Just building a web page.
I just want to build a web page with no blog. How do I go about it?
I read about it in the dummies for word press, but it wasn’t very clear.
The blog I need help with is bandesecurityalarms.wordpress.com.
You cannot do that here. This is a blogging platform. What you can do is create a website structure rather than a conventional blog structure.
Staff have provided help for those who want to structure their blog like a website. > http://en.support.wordpress.com/using-wordpress-to-create-a-website/
What’s critical is a clear comprehension of the differences between pages and posts > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-vs-page/
1. You create a custom menu. http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/
2. You add the Parent pages you want to display and arrange them in the order you want.
3. Then you add and drop and drag the subpages below the appropriate Parent pages, and when you have everything arranged in the menu that you want you save the menu.
4. Go to the “theme location” module at upper left on the menu page. Select your custom menu name from the pulldown labeled “primary location.” Click the save button in that module.
5. Refresh your browser so that it isn’t possibly pulling a cached page, and view see your new menu with Parent pages and dropdowns to sub-pages.
The topic ‘Just building a web page.’ is closed to new replies.