links when posting does not work in Vigilance theme?
when i post in the Vigilance theme and want to share a link it does not show up in visual?
The blog I need help with is flowersofbeauty.wordpress.com.
What do you mean by “share a link”?
I use Vigilance and have no problem at all creating links with either the visual editor or the HTML (code) editor. Which editor are you using?
What’s your operating system?
Which browser and version of it are your using please?
I hope you are aware that the icons for creating and breaking links are always grayed out in the visual editor. You must select (highlight) the anchor text for the link first and then click the link (chain) button. Then a box pops up where you enter the complete url for the link. Next you click “insert”. Is that what you are doing?
I am not sure i will have to try again later. maybe i was just doing it wrong. thanks anyway.
I will explain it step by step for you.
(1) Check to make sure that the Visual Editor is not disabled in your user profile. Access your User Profile profile and make sure the “Disable the visual editor when writing option” in the Personal Options section is not checked. If it is uncheck it and click “Update Profile”.
(2) Acces the editor to create a new post . Enter the text. Example sentence: This little dog likes to jump.
(3) Select This little dog by running your mouse over it to highlight it.
(3) Click the icon that looks like a chain link (see Row 1 and icon # 10 here http://en.support.wordpress.com/visual-editor/)
(4) A pop-up box will appear and in it you insert the complete url you want to link the “this little dog” anchor text to here: Link URL
(5) Click the Insert button on the bottom right hand corner of the pop-up box.
That’s it. :)
This is where we left off:
(4) and (5) Click the Insert button on the bottom right hand corner of the pop-up box.
From the other thread: https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/scrool-boxbar-on-your-side-bar?replies=9#post-418849
so it worked but how to say put in it archivs and categories? into it?
how to add categories to posts
There are images in the support documentation that are helpful.
ok sorry but how do you get to user profile? is it in the dash board area?
how to add posts archives
You do nothing because when you publish it will be automatically added.
When you put the widgets in the sidebar your readers can see them displayed and access them.
I’m off to eat dinner now.
ok so i may be stupid here but.. i still can`t find this..
.(1) Check to make sure that the Visual Editor is not disabled in your user profile. Access your User Profile profile and make sure the “Disable the visual editor when writing option” in the Personal Options section is not checked. If it is uncheck it and click “Update Profile”.
or hey maybe i just found it… and it is not checked…
I did it!!!!! I was before going under HTML and hitting the blue word link and if was not working but this the right way did it, thanks!!
on anothers site these are in a scroll bar
sorry wrong post… to bad ya can`t delete?!
On the Archives widget
Display as a drop down – Check this box to display the months on a single line, as a drop down menu, rather than a list – which is handy if you want to save space or have been writing your blog for a long time.
Watch the video http://en.support.wordpress.com/widgets/archives-widget/
The topic ‘links when posting does not work in Vigilance theme?’ is closed to new replies.