This is a particularly tough issue to pin down without more information. Even with more information, it still might be hard to track down if a browser crash is actually to blame. I noticed that http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/lost-an-article?replies=3 doesn't provide very much information to go on… no errors, no info about what might have caused the browser to crash or even their browser version, no info about the blog post in question such as the title, no indication about whether they had tried saving the post as a draft during the 2 hours they were writing, no hint about whether they were still logged in when their browser crashed, and they didn't even mention which dashboard they were using (which is relevant to this OP). It seems like the problem was a browser crash in the case from March, and that's not the same issue as the one reported in this thread.
It's tough to think of details like those when reporting a problem though—so that's why I try to ask for a lot of questions about what's going on when I notice strong statements about something not working as it should. If that user's issue from March somehow turned out to be the same one as this OP, it's not evident in the info given so far and recent reports with more detail will be way more helpful.
Lately I'm finding consistent forum tags for issues like this to be extremely helpful. For the tag "lost post," I only found 8 reports in the past 6 months though. Let's start getting new reports with relevant details tagged so we have more information to go on.