Members Only Pages and Posts
I’m somewhat familiar with WordPress and use it for some family sites. But this setup for the free application at wordpress.com is for a club of hard core campers I’m trying to assist. With this setup, I’m not sure how to proceed. Here’s what I’m trying to accomplish. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
- Basically two user roles: Admin and Contributor.
- Four parent pages: Home (static), Posts (blog posts), About (static), Members Only (blog posts page and static children).
- Home page and any children can be seen by anyone.
- Posts page and any children can be seen by anyone; however, blog posts with the category Members Only should not appear on this page. (I don’t know how to constrain the page.)
- About page and any children can be seen by anyone.
- Members Only page and any children should only be seem by those with Contributor or Admin roles. (I don’t know how to do this.) Also, the posts on the Members Only parent page should be limited to just posts with the category Members Only. (I don’t know how to constrain this.)
- Categories: Several, but (as noted above) the Members Only category show not show on the Posts page and only the Members Only category should show on the Members Only page.
- Only have the Members Only pages show in the menu when a member is logged in.
- Lastly, in addition to constraining the categories that post to a page, I don’t know how to create two blog post pages.
The blog I need help with is sognet.wordpress.com.
The topic ‘Members Only Pages and Posts’ is closed to new replies.