Hello – I am trying to stop a page from appearing as a submenu item, and also as a main menu item. I have gone into the page and already selected ‘no parent’ as a Page Attribute, but the page now appears in the main menu. How can I stop if from appearing as a main menu item??
The blog I need help with is rascreative.wordpress.com.
I’m sorry but we need a link to the blog in question in order to help you. Please post the complete URL starting with http://
You can do this very easily by creating a custom menu and including only the pages and sub-pages you want in it.
1. You create a custom menu. http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/
2. You add the Parent pages you want to display and arrange them in the order you want.
3. Then you add and drop and drag only the subpages you want to display below the appropriate Parent pages, and when you have everything arranged in the menu that you want you save the menu.
4. Go to the “theme location” module at upper left on the menu page. Select your custom menu name from the pulldown labeled “primary location.” Click the save button in that module.
5. Refresh your browser so that it isn’t possibly pulling a cached page, and view see your new menu with Parent pages and dropdowns to sub-pages.
Thank you! That worked indeed… :)
YAY! Thanks for returning and letting me know it did. :) I visited the blog and it’s looking great. :)
Thank you! Since you are so helpful, here is another question… is there an easy way to arrange photos? Check out my PHOTO page and let me know if there’s anything I can do to rearrange, allign, etc. Right now, the photos seem to place themselves wherever… RAS
For image alignment see here > http://en.support.wordpress.com/images/image-alignment/
For creating a gallery see here > http://en.support.wordpress.com/images/gallery/
For more help with the gallery see here > http://gammagirl.wordpress.com/?s=not+the+FAQs
The topic ‘Menu help’ is closed to new replies.