Move my purchased wordpress.com adress to Blogger
I am wanting to move my blog from wordpress.com to googles blogger platform.
I only signed up to WordPress.com a few days ago and purchased my own domain name with the upgrade. However I’m really disappointed with the very limited themes that I have literally spent HOUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRS pouring over and trying to tweek. I don’t want to pay for more upgrades as I don’t have a clue about CSS coding and I dont want to fork out more money for a new blog as I’m testing the waters….
Anyway long story short for a beginner like me blogger is an easier platform for me to use in terms of being able to customize and create my own blog how I want it to look.
So, how on earth do I move my purchased domain over to blogger so I can use their platform for creating my blog? BUT still keep the domain name I purchased from wordpress.com? (I don’t need to transfer any posts ect because I have none, I’ve just started) its JUST my purchased domain http://www.thefairydustdiaries.com
Any help would be fantastic, Thank you so much!
The blog I need help with is thefairydustdiaries.com.
Yes, you can do that. If you’ve registered your domain through WordPress.com and now want it to point to a blog or website hosted elsewhere then you can do this by updating the nameservers. http://en.support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/domain-management/#update-nameservers
I’ve tried these steps a couple of times but when I get to step 4 in the http://en.support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/domain-management/#update-nameservers link and I have no idea what Im meant to be putting in the “nameserver 1” “nameserver 2” “name server 3″ nameserver 4” boxes…what’s meant to go in them???
Also, just before getting to this page I accidentaly (in step 4) hit the “I have a hosting account with these domains” and it said something like “Thankyou we will notify you when the change is made (usually overnight” or something….have I seriously mucked up doing this?! ahhh everything is so confusing :(
Thanks so much for helping me out!
Blogger doesn’t provide nameservers, so this will be unfortunately complicated.
You’ll need to start by following this guide: http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=1233381&page=ts.cs
The A record can be set in your DNS Manager, but in order to use DNS Manager, the name servers will need to be updated.
To set the A record, please try these steps:
1. First, log into your Domain Manager by following the instruction of the “Domain Manager Login” section here:
2. Once you’re logged in, click on the domain name you want to edit.
3. Under Nameservers, click on “Set Nameservers”.
4. In the pop-up window, select “I have specific nameservers for my domains”.
5. Replace any name servers listed with the following:
6. Click on OK to save, wait a few minutes for the settings to go through, and then refresh the page.
7. When the nameservers change, you’ll see some information under DNS Manager, and a link that says “Launch” – click that link to edit your DNS records.
8. The A record of your domain should be listed as the first record on the list. In the Actions columns on the left, click on the pencil/notepad icon to edit the record (make sure you click on the icon for the same line that the A record is on).
9. Finally, use the information provided to your by your new host to fill out the “Host Name” and “Points To IP Address”. The field labeled “TTL” should stay in the default “1 Hour” value. Click on OK to save the new record.
That’s it – your new A record should go live after a short delay.
The topic ‘Move my purchased wordpress.com adress to Blogger’ is closed to new replies.