Move to WordPress.com to WordPress.org
I am going crazy looking for ways to make my website work. I have a wp.com blog and it is hosted by BlueHost. Here are my questions:
1. my domain is already registered in wp.com but I don’t know if I need to pay wp.com to map or register it? Do I need to pay even if I want to use wp.org?
2. how can i move my wp.com to wp.org? I’ve already installed the latest version of WordPress through Bluehost but whenever I try to login to my installed version, it still brings me back to my wp.com account.
Please help me. I’m really desperate already!
Thanks in advance!
The blog I need help with is realmomentsvideo.com.
1. Your name servers point to wordpress.com. If you want your domain to be on a wordpress.org blog on bluehost.com, your name server need to point to bluehost.com.
2. Moving your blog is explained here:
Thanks for your quick reply.
In this instruction:
2) In the new blog, go to Tools -> Import and upload the XML file you downloaded in step 1. Make sure that you choose the option to Download & import file attachments.
Everytime I go to http://www.realmomentsvideo.com/wp-admin, i am redirected to my wp.com account and not to wordpress.org. How do I go about this?
Also, I have my domain from Bluehost but I am not sure if I was able to map or register it. How would I know?
I really appreciate your help.
Hope to hear from you again!
Your name servers point to wordpress.com. You will not be able to log in to your wordpress.org account bu using domain/wp-admin/ as long as that isn’t changed. Log in to your bluehost account and change the name servers.
I don’t see any “Domain Administration” key in my wp.com dashboard. Where do I go now?
If you bought your domain from Bluehost, that is where you must change the name servers, not on wordpress.com.
The topic ‘Move to WordPress.com to WordPress.org’ is closed to new replies.