My Account has been hacked and the hacker has deleted all my content.
my Account has been hacked and the everything has been deleted. Can i recover it? Also my landing page appears to be a blank page that says “hacked by hacker” – how can i change it back?
The blog I need help with is tayloralexis.wordpress.com.
Read this please knowing that blogs don’t get hacked when security protocols are followed. > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/ Who has access to your log-in information and how many official blog users do you have?
1. Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to email accounts and to blogs.
2. Change the password on your WordPress.com username account to a very difficult one. http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
3. Register a new blog http://en.support.wordpress.com/register-a-blog/ Be sure your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
4. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
5. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
6. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
7. Enable two step authentication http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/two-step-authentication/
Note: As your content has not been indexed by Google you will not be able to copy and paste it into new posts and pages from Google’s cached copies.
These security measures are the first thing I did. But it was my stepmothers access to this account that I think was the problem. Her account was hacked too a few months back and she had admin access to this as she set it up.
However this does not help with the questions I asked. Is it possible to recover the content that was deleted? How can I change my landing page back to my Landing page instead of this hacked by hacker page?
Is it possible to recover the content that was deleted?
How can I change my landing page back to my Landing page instead of this hacked by hacker page?
Please be sure you fully understand the differences between Pages and Posts. http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-vs-page/
The front page of the blog by default will display all of your published posts (not pages) in reverse chronological order, with the most recently published post on top. If you do not want all the posts to show on the front page, then you can create a static front page called for example “Welcome” for your site and a “Blog” page for posts.
To do that create two pages > http://en.support.wordpress.com/pages/ After you do that you go to > Settings > Reading and make the designation change and click “save changes”.
Front page displays
__ Your latest posts
A static page (select below)
Also my landing page appears to be a blank page that says “hacked by hacker” – how can i change it back?
I cannot see such a page on this blog at all http://tayloralexis.wordpress.com/
If you are referring to another blog then you failed to provide the URL starting with http://
Yeah I’m not sure where that link came from – WordPress added that to the end of my query. The address is http://tayloralexismcleod.com/
But if there is no backup of my page saved anywhere there’s no point. This hacker has deleted 3 years of me chronicling my daughters early life and if I can’t get it back then I will not make another one. Ill just have to make her a book instead from what I can remember.
This is so infuriating
Your blog is hosted by godaddy and not by WordPress.com. We do not provide support for it on these WordPress.com support forums. If that is the site you refer to and if you don’t have a username account at WordPress.org click http://wordpress.org/support/ and register one on the top right hand corner of the page that opens, so you can post to the support forums there and receive advice from WordPress.org bloggers.
The topic ‘My Account has been hacked and the hacker has deleted all my content.’ is closed to new replies.