My blog doesn't appear in the website. Why?
I’ve already made my blog but the website doesn’t appear. How can I do?
The blog I need help with is traductorjuradodefrancesenmalaga.wordpress.com.
I don’t understand you. A blog is a website. This is your blog/website http://traductorjuradodefrancesenmalaga.wordpress.com/
Regardless of the theme one chooses, a WordPress.com blog can be structured either as a post based blog or as a page based website.
Strictly speaking a blog is a website but let’s differentiate.
5 Blog and Website Differences
(1) The main difference between a blog and website is the communication style. A website has a noticeboard communication style. A blog is a website designed for interactive communication. Collectively blogs create the blogosphere, while websites are like standalone islands.
(2) Blogs encourage conversation, websites do not and that’s why businesses with websites are adding blogs, and sometimes forums and wikis to them for complaint handling, customer feedback purposes and for collaborative purposes.
(3) Blogs feature dynamic content and position it front and center. The entries have date and time stamps, and blog entries are customarily displayed on the front page in reverse chronological order. Most most websites do not have dynamic content on their front pages. Many websites have static front pages. The information most websites provide is static, rarely updated, and the sites are often poorly maintained.
(4) Blogs have RSS feeds, websites ALONE do not.
(5) Usually but not always, blogs rank higher in Google and as “freshness” is extremely important when it comes to content appearing in the SERPs (search engine page results).
See > Using WordPress.com to Create a Website http://en.support.wordpress.com/using-wordpress-to-create-a-website/
Here’s a link to a custom menu walk-through > http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2011/08/11/wordpress-com-custom-menu-walk-through/
There are many common errors, misunderstanding and misconceptions when creating custom menus and you can read about them here > http://wpbtips.wordpress.com/2011/12/19/custom-menus/
On one hand, none of the characteristic “blog” features like categories, tags, authors, dates, etc. can be removed from a free hosted WordPress.com blog without purchasing an annually renewable custom design upgrade and doing the required CSS editing.
On that other hand, one can edit a WordPress.org theme free of charge. That’s why I suggested you read this comparison > WordPress.com and WordPress.org: The Differences http://en.support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/
The topic ‘My blog doesn't appear in the website. Why?’ is closed to new replies.