MY BLOG IS GOING TO BE HACKED
I have just been notified that a hacker (that has previously hacked other WordPress blogs) will hack mine next. Is there a way to automatically backup everything on it or close it down for the rest of the day?
I have changed my password already,
The blog I need help with is aworldofbinweevils.wordpress.com.
Your blog cannot be hacked unless you provide the information that makes your blog vulnerable to hacking.
I have been here for over 8 years and predate almost every staff member but one being on support staff. What I have observed is that the only time blogs are hacked is when bloggers fail to follow security protocols and make it easy for hackers.
If anyone is posting anything to your blog then it’s most likely that you have provided them with the ability to do so either deliberately by adding them as official users, or by allowing them access to your login information, or by posting content that makes it easy for them to guess what your log-in information is.
Who, aside from you, has access to your login information?
Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to blogs
Read > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
1. If you can log-in go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
You can also reset your password via your Settings tab on the WordPress.com home page:
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
6. Two step authentication is a method of securing accounts requiring that you not only know something (a password) to log in but also that you possess something (your mobile device). http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/two-step-authentication/
Know that the low life who hack penguin blogs and weevil blogs could not do what they do if the bloggers they victimize did not make their blog vulnerable to hacking. Do not add anyone as an Admin. http://en.support.wordpress.com/user-roles/ Do not share your login information – keep it safe.
Is there a way to automatically backup everything
See here please http://en.support.wordpress.com/export/#backups
I’m tagging this thread so Staff will email you and get the username of this low life you refer to above here and a copy of the “notification” you received from the evil-doer:
I have just been notified that a hacker (that has previously hacked other WordPress blogs) will hack mine next.
I’ve tried backing everything up but it’s not working – apparently the ‘web page is not available’ – ?
@sponggoo5000 – Your blog does not appear to be hacked. If you’re still worried about account security, please read this link Timethief posted:
Her additional steps here like disabling Post by Email would be useful in extreme circumstances:
The only way to backup your blog would be to export it as mentioned previously:
The topic ‘MY BLOG IS GOING TO BE HACKED’ is closed to new replies.