My blog post isn't showing up! help please
I made a new post today on my blog. I shared it on my facebook and that’s the only way I am able to see it. When I click the link it takes me to the post. However, when i go on my blog it’s not there in the category i put it in or at the home page. it’s not even in the blog posts area where i can see all my posts and see the views and stuff. it’s nowhere!
Maybe i added too many tags? i’m new so i didn’t know i wasnt supposed to add a lot of tags. there’s not even a tags or category option in the editing sidebar. how can i fix this???
i can’t even copy and paste it to make a new post.
The blog I need help with is mariamagdeline.com.
What is the link of the post you can’t find? I assume that if you can access it from your facebook page, you should be able to see the link.
Maybe with that bit of information, we’d be able to help you more.
Are you referring to http://mariamagdeline.com/2015/10/ ? I found it in your Archives.
This is an one or the other situation. You have two choices on any blog
(1) All posts on the front page.
(2) A static front page http://en.support.wordpress.com/pages/front-page/ and all posts on a different page.
By default the front page of a blog displays all published posts in reverse chronological order with the most recently published post on top. When we publish a post on WordPress software the software automatically creates the same entry in the Archives, and on the dynamic (automatically updating) Categories and Tags pages in accord with the Categories and Tags we assign to that post.
So when we create custom menu and add the dynamic (automatically updating) category pages to that custom menu we create the appearance (not the reality) of posting to more than one page.
You need to be aware that:
1. There are differences between posts and pages described here
2. There are differences between static pages we bloggers create https://en.support.wordpress.com/pages/ that will not automatically update, and dynamic category pages created by the software when you publish a post which will automatically update https://en.support.wordpress.com/category-pages/.
3. We organize posts by category assignment prior to publication. http://en.support.wordpress.com/posts/categories/ and when we publish posts the dynamic category pages they automatically display on are determined by the categories we assign to them.
So the process you need to use is:
- Assign Categories to your Posts. https://en.support.wordpress.com/posts/categories
- Create a custom menu https://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/#1-create-a-custom-menu
- Add only the dynamic category page links into the custom menu that you want to appear in that menu https://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/view-all/#adding-category-pages and arrange them as you wish them to appear https://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/view-all/#changing-the-order-creating-sub-menus
- Create pages for static content, not for posts https://en.support.wordpress.com/pages/
- Add any custom links and other items like static pages into your custom menu https://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/view-all/#adding-custom-links and https://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/view-all/#adding-pages
Here are some tips that you may find helpful when it comes to assigning categories and tags to your posts http://onecoolsite.wordpress.com/2013/03/15/quick-blog-post-tagging-tips/
Here’s that URL again http://mariamagdeline.com/2015/10/01/25-fall-date-ideas/
The topic ‘My blog post isn't showing up! help please’ is closed to new replies.