My blog was hacked
My blog was hacked and the hacker changed my user name and password as well as my email address. The blog was pastorbsimmons.wordpress.com and has been changed to pastoralb.wordpress.com. They have deleted a year’s worth of content as well as my banner. I hope it is recoverable. How do I regain access to my blog name back and change the password?
The blog I need help with is thecrossingchicago.org.
The blog I need help with is NOT thecrossingchicago.org it is pastorlb.wordress.com which should be pastorbsimmons.wordpress.com and is linked to the domain http://www.apophatica.com. Thank you.
Does somebody monitor this? If someone can please respond I would greatly appreciate it.
They have no completely deleted ALL CONTENT in my blog. Can SOMEBODY PLEASE either reply or send me contact info for WordPress support!!?
Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to blogs
Read > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
1. If you can log-in go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
This thread is tagged for Staff support. If you subscribe to it you will be notified when they respond.
The (real or fake?) wordpress site “Silk road collector” seems to be connected to some sort of hacking – I got an e-mail saying they were now following my site (terimalo.wordpress.com). When I looked at theirs, it was clearly just a list of tags – not real. check it out – could they have done damage when I looked at their site? Or clicked on the link to their site from my e-mail? Many thanks for any info or help you can provide.
Thank you, timethief. Unfortunately, I have no access to it whatsoever. They have changed the login email address, user name, and password. How can I get WordPress to change it back so I can access it and hopefully salvage the blog. They have deleted all content, but hopefully it is still in the trash folder . ..
Hello? . . .
Can somebody PLEASE respond? This is extremely frustrating. I have paid for a blog that I am unable to use and someone has deleted content from while I await a response.
The thread is flagged for staff attention and has been since yesterday. They are 100% aware of the problem, but we volunteers cannot force them to do anything.
Ok, thank you.
I do see that this information was changed on your blog, followed by mass deletions and deletion of the blog. With the proper account verification information, we should be able to help you.
I’m sorry to hear you have lost access to your WordPress.com account.
We will accept one of the following alternative account verification options:
* The API key associated with the account. Please see this link for more information on API keys:
* A Paypal Transaction ID for any upgrades purchased for the account. Keep in mind that since PayPal is our sole payment processor behind-the-scenes, this transaction ID was generated even if you paid via credit card or another method:
* The titles of any unpublished draft posts or pages you may have
If none of this information is available, let me know.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
I’m going to transfer this to a private support ticket – so you don’t have to publicly post your identifying information.
The topic ‘My blog was hacked’ is closed to new replies.