my blog won't load.
Is WordPress updating? Or are services down? My blog will not load. I can obviously access WordPress.com, but not my own blog, nor can I access it through my account.
I can use saved cache to load an old version, but the active blog won’t load. Like it doesn’t exist. Need to work!!!!!!!! WordPress, please fix this!!!!!!!!!!!
The blog I need help with is parisexpatblog.wordpress.com.
I think it must be a connection issue, because it loaded very quickly for me. You can try http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ to test if your blog is okay even when you can’t see it.
Thanks for that link. Yes, it is supposedly up…I understand the connectivity possibility, but I have no problem going to/laoding any other site. I can even log into my wordpress account & access ‘manage my blogs,’ yet my blog still won’t load.
Never had this problem before. I have left this blog account open in several tabs at a time whilst updating, but I wouldn’t think this has anything to do w/ it.
Will you please provide us with some details so we can try to help you?
1. How are you connecting to the internet and to WordPress.com? The way you connect to the internet (mobile, satellite, DSL, dial-up) and to your blog, and how many proxy server jumps etc. it takes to connect can cause problems. There maybe be problems with your ISP and/or with the proxy servers. Can you access any of these directly?
2. Are you using http:// or are your using the secure recommended https:// log-in? see > http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
3.Exactly which browser and version of it are you using? If you don’t know click here to find out > http://whatsmyuseragent.com/
4. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies? http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
5. Is your browser version up to date? And is it the latest stable version as opposed to a buggy BETA version? You can upgrade any browser version here. http://browsehappy.com/
6. Have you tried using the browser with all extensions or add-ons disabled?
7. Do you have third party cookies enabled? http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=61416
9. Do you have another browser you can try?
10. You can use this link to see if your Flash is up to date. http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ If it’s not up to date then this is where to download and install the latest version of Flash. http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
11. Have your tried resetting your router and modem?
P.S. My hunch is that you are in Europe and you are not using the secure https:// log-in. Am I right?
It just started working just now. Bizarre.
Was using Googlechrome, also tried Safari. Both recently updated. Cache is regularly cleared. No problems loading any other website. Cookies were not an issue. …
Still don’t know the WHY, as nothing changed except passing time…oh well.
Hooray! I suspect that Staff fixed this for you. Do note that using the secure https:// log-in is recommended.
The topic ‘my blog won't load.’ is closed to new replies.