My dashboard has changed from how it was several wks ago
Hello wordpress staff,
My dashboard is’nt looking the same and my experience of creating and posting is not producing the same results as it once did.
My website has been hacked into several times, and the dashboard is not too user friendly anymore.
What should I click to bring it back to its default settings. The website is http://sunstarxpress.me
The blog I need help with is sunstarxpress.me.
Blogs do not get hacked unless you fail to follow security protocols.
- Who has access to your login information?
- Did you use the same password for your email account and your blog?
- Are you sharing log-in information with anyone or leaving it where anyone can locate it?
- Is your password a weak one that others can easily guess?
- Are you remaining logged in on your computer so anyone can come along and access your blog through it?
Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to blogs.
Then read this please and act on what you find there > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
1. If you can log-in go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
I tagged this thread for a Staff follow-up. Please subscribe to it so you are notified when they respond.
I’m not seeing any evidence that your site was hacked. Could you explain in more detail what has changed? It doesn’t appear that the blog at sunstarxpress.me has had any unusual activity or theme changes recently. The only thing that strikes me as a bit odd is that you, or someone, has tried changing the blog email address from the current address to the same address, and I’m not sure why that is.
Also, even if someone had hacked your blog, that would not change the Dashboard, so I’m curious about how that has changed for you.
Please provide some additional details and we can pursue this further.
The topic ‘My dashboard has changed from how it was several wks ago’ is closed to new replies.