My experience going into the British army
My blog is about myself going into the army basically, I’m new on here and I was wondering (as I want to help people with everything that I possibly can) how to get more views and comments as no one seems to be commenting on my content! I would appreatiate it if someone just took a look at my blog and give me an honest opinion on what you think of it.
Many thanks in advance
The blog I need help with is mrthorogood.wordpress.com.
Read > http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2011/03/21/blogging-comment-baiting/
Set a realistic goal for how many similar blogs you will comment on daily and follow through with doing that.
To lcate similar blogs:
Find Friends Who Use WordPress > http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2012/05/01/find-friends/
Getting More Views and Traffic > http://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-more-views-and-traffic/
For WordPress.com global tag searches ie. Topics search to locate blogs with similar content see here > http://wordpress.com/#!/read/topics/
For WordPress.com searches
The WordPress.com search engine indexes post, pages, and comments content (body text). Unless entered as text in those contents, blog name, post titles, and post/comment author names are not indexed. http://en.support.wordpress.com/wordpresscom-search/
For Google searches use this format and replace “keyword” with whatever word you wish:
Example search string
Queen Victoria site:wordpress.com
results > http://tinyurl.com/csaobsx
On the bottom of your Admin page you will find a link to the Learn WordPress.com blogging Tutorial prepared by Staff. http://learn.wordpress.com/
The support documentation is all found at the Support link http://en.support.wordpress.com which is also on the bottom of your Admin page.
Here are 25 basic steps to take to increase traffic to your blog:
1. Structure a reader and search engine blog;
2. In blogging content is king create unique, high quality content so publish fresh content frequently;
3. Learn basic SEO so you can use keywords effectively and apply basic SEO to your headlines, blog and posts;
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the “natural” or un-paid (“organic” or “algorithmic”) search results.
4. Make your blog posts look professional;
5. Create at least 4-6 pillar posts and continue to create pillar posts;
Pillar posts are also referred to as flagship content. Pillar posts are comprehensive posts that offer great value to readers as the contents are timeless in nature. They define you as having authority in the niche you blog in.
6. Select and link to appropriate anchor text;
7. Leave meaningful comments on related blogs and encourage comments on your own blog;
8. Develop relationships with other bloggers so you can build a blog readers’ community around your own blog;
9. Support the blog centered communities on related blogs by commenting on them and promoting posts from them;
10. Link to authoritative sources in your posts;
11. Deep link to your earlier related posts in your new posts;
12. Assign appropriate categories and tag your posts with care;
13. Link to related authoritative blogs in your blogroll;
14. Provide RSS feeds for subscribers;
RSS (Rich Site Summary or really simple syndication) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it.
15. Having a well designed theme is important, evaluate your theme for effectiveness, and if required, create a new header, make improvements or replace your theme and reduce page loading time;
16. Avoid cluttering your blog with widgets that lack reader value and slow page loading time;
17. Buy your own domain and domain mapping;
18. Verify your blog with the three big search engines.
19. Get organized, use an online to do list by developing a blogging workflow;
20. Join social networks and social media sites like Facebook and use Twitter, Friendfeed and other Free RSS directories to promote your blog posts;
21. Promote your blog through social networks, online groups, and selected directories;
22. Develop a social media time management strategy and stick to it;
23. Submit your latest pillar article to a blog carnival;
24. Become a guest blogger on sites with higher page rank than your own site.
25. Create newsletters and/or ebooks for your subscribers.
I would appreatiate it if someone just took a look at my blog and give me an honest opinion on what you think of it.
This is a support forum and we are not allowed to post these kind of threads here at all. Moreover, those who do have blogging expertise to are not likely to be eager to give you a free consultation and evaluate your blog free of charge. :) See here > http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2011/01/28/12-step-blog-evaluation/
The topic ‘My experience going into the British army’ is closed to new replies.