My menu is screwed up
Suddenly, this morning, my custom menu with layers of choices has been completely screwed up. Can anyone help me get back the hours of work I put into adding links to my articles on my menu?
The blog I need help with is jeparleamericain.com.
My blog is screwed up too! It happened 2 days ago. I don’t know what to do! Is there a way to use a back-up version of the blog? Can someone help us?
Have you checked the Screen Options?
Screen Options: http://en.support.wordpress.com/screen-options/
In case this does not help, here is a link to Custom Menu: http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/#creating-a-custom-menu
Thanks for the response, Lauren. Unfortunately, the problem seems more pervasive than that. Originally, on my homepage, I had a customized menu item called: “archives by date,” with customized links to all my posts, by year and month. Now the only ones that show up are from June and July 2011 (http://jeparleamericain.com/). This morning, when all was still well, I tried to add a new custom link for a recent post, and suddenly “something went wrong” (as usual with WordPress when I update a menu), and then all my custom links started to disappear. Now I’m left with just the few that are there now.
Lauren, it did not help. Is there a way to use a back-up version of my last edited menu?
P.S. My situation is exactly as described upper by jeparleamericain.
petruccioauto, I think your suggestion (a back-up version of the last edited menu) is exactly what we need. Does anyone know if you can get help from a WordPress engineer anymore? The last time I used support (a year and a half ago), I was able to contact someone directly and get personal attention. I don’t seem to see a way to do that anymore.
Something strange: when I add a new page to my screwed menu, it does not appear on the blog, but, if I do a search on the blog, it appears as the page that I’ve added! :(
Just a little update, especially for your petruccioauto, it seems that the reason my menus were messed up had to do with the number of items in my menu. I had dozens of items in layered menus (through the custom menu feature), but I must have reached a saturation point for WordPress and the blog eliminated the last ones in the list. I discovered it by deleting some “higher up” on the list and adding back on the bottom. In a nutshell, it means I had to rethink my menus and make things more streamlined, but things are working well now (even if I have fewer items in the menus). It would have been nice to have known this in advance, though, that’s for sure!
Good luck with your blog, petruccioauto!
The topic ‘My menu is screwed up’ is closed to new replies.