My side menu is gone
I added a new page yesterday and when I published, the side menu went to the bottom under posts. I tried to get it back and now it’s gone. No pages displayed. I’m using Chaotic Soul.
I really need some help here to get this fixed.
The blog I need help with is guerro.wordpress.com.
Sidebars and widgets in them do not fall to the bottom and display below posts and/or posts do not appear in sidebars unless
(1) content has been imported into the blog
(2) the blogger has been copying and pasting content from elsewhere, without using either icon 5 or icon 6 in Row 2 of the visual editor http://en.support.wordpress.com/visual-editor/#pasting-text
(3) or the blogger has copied and pasted invalid HTML into a text widget or left an HTML tag open
See here for sorting this out > http://wpbtips.wordpress.com/2012/05/19/sidebar-at-the-bottom-and-related-issues/
I tried all this and stil lhave my menu is at the bottom. I also deleted the page i aded when this happened. To my knowledge I didn’t do anything different than I have dome a thousand times before.
The blog is private so we Volunteers cannot view it and assist you only Staff can. I tagged this thread for their assistance. Please subscribe to it so you are notified when they respond.
I’m showing zero tags.
Do you mean my menu is to the right on your computer??
I am using Firefox 18 and can see the sidebar. You have a browser related issue. Please try what follows. If you are not running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com/ please try upgrading or switching first.
Note: If you are using an IE9 browser in compatibility mode that makes it render as IE7 and IE7 is not supported. To disable see > http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html
If you are running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com please do these four things:
1. Try clearing your browser’s cache:
2. Make sure that you have third-party cookies enabled: http://en.support.wordpress.com/third-party-cookies/
3. Try with all browser extensions or add-ons temporarily disabled.
4. Try enabling HTTPS: http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
If it’s still happening, let us know exactly which browser (and version of it) you’re using by checking here if necessary http://www.whatbrowser.org/ and also post any error reports you get.
Okay, looks like that’s it. Saw it on another computer and it’s fine. All my drama for nothing :) !!
Thank you again, WP vollunteers. Been saving me ’bout 7 years now.
The topic ‘My side menu is gone’ is closed to new replies.