My theme is broken!
Also, some of my images are not showing up correctly.
ohmygosh…I just realized, I addressed “disembedded” (member) as “dismembered”! So sorry. (Mark, so did you…that’ll teach me to copy the last post’s spelling!) :-)
Oops! Sorry – genuine mistake!
Mine is broken completely….looks horrible.
ya my theme is destroyed. it looks all messed up and stuff and its really unorganized.
Yep, mine’s almost dead too, Apple, Safari, Thirteen. No reloading will help!
Ok…it’s 5:26 Pacific Standard time, and I’m happy to report that Safari is now reading my photoblog perfectly. I fiddled around with it, and here’s what got it back: I cleared my cache, and THEN cleared my history. Hit refresh and that took care of it. Those of you who mentioned Safari not working, it’s not enough to clear the cache. I tried it several times in the last few hours. Clear the history and the cache. It worked for me, at least.
My post editor is all mashed together. Is the problem that you all are talking about the same as what I’m experiencing or something different all together?
kayinmaine, I think it’s the same. Almost all of the text options (bolding, italicizing, hyperlinking, indenting/quoting, the lot) are gone, and in it’s place there are three vertical short lines.
The only problem i have is that the ‘crop header’ function doesn’t work. There’s no crop area and below the image is just a grey box of nothingness.
I have done all of the suggestions, but nothing is working.
Well the crop problem seems to be a Firefox. I did the unthinkable and used IE again and it worked there. Dammit.
1. I’m on superb “Pressrow” –header missing, font waaay too small.
2. It’s just after 5 pm local time; blog’s been down about eight hours
3. Cleared cache (multi times), then cntl + F5 = no improvement. Don’t want to clear History –too much important stuff in there.
4. @matthewfm: whyever would you “ask” WP to fix the problem, fix it quickly??? Why wouldn’t they do all that they can –as fast as they know how –whether your blog is
‘important’ /should look professional, etc., etc. or not? You/your blog is different than everyone else’s???
5. @disembedded: this is way NOT “blogger” –or “don’t-give-a-damn-about-blogs.com” –this is WP.
6. @mark: I didn’t get the impression–at all–that you were giving snotty reply. In fact: your reply got me to think through –HOW Could a general message pop up on some blogs, but not others/ at all. So: I’m going to attempt to put a message at the beginning of my top post: ‘Sorry, WP is having a blond moment…with a touch of spring fever…check back later for recovery’ –or some such.
Good evening ladies and gentlemen,
A little “fix it” maybe. In Firefox if you go to tools and the drop down to Clear Private data and you click (Cntrl+Shift+Del) it will clear cache, browsing hist and auth sessions, this should clear up your font problem, it did for me.
Hope that helps
Wow! The beautiful header image and normal-font: all back! (Does that mean “I’m Important”? lol) If curious: a.) WP beat me to intended ‘sorry’ message. b.) I didn’t do a thing before it came back. c.) I still had traffic today (–all with better eyes than mine, apparently). Thanks WP gnomes. Go have a well-earned beer. (You guys must be worn out.)
My font is better, but still having problem with some images.
“I cleared my cache, and THEN cleared my history. Hit refresh and that took care of it. Those of you who mentioned Safari not working, it’s not enough to clear the cache. I tried it several times in the last few hours. Clear the history and the cache. It worked for me, at least.”
bonniebruno, thanks for that – I’m on Mac and your instructions did worked (I just had it back after about 6hours, well at least now it’s back. I hope the problem has been resolved for others as well.
I have tried all of these things and I still am having problems with some images….you can see it at….
I”m rather pleased I set up delayed posting and wasn’t online all day to see the drama. FYI I’m using Dusk, Timethief left a comment saying my blog was messed up, and it looks perfect to me now (and that’s not just a proud blog mama speaking).
Minor blip in readership, though.
Catherine, are those images linked to another site? I tried viewing it in another page and it has ‘404 not found’ errors. It says it’s no longer in the server.
The topic ‘My theme is broken!’ is closed to new replies.