Mysterious user "uts12345"
on my list of invited users, there is a user named “uts12345”, which I cannot delete. I am certain I have not invited this user. Since I tried deleting it, invitations to other users (I asked for help on that topic, too) do not seem to show any more. Can you help? Thanks in advanve.
Blog url: http://inthb.wordpress.com/
The blog I need help with is inthb.wordpress.com.
Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to blogs
Read > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
1. If you can log-in go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
P.S. I flagged this thread for Staff help.
Thanks for your helpful post! I changed the settings accordingly.
After some attempts, I have finally managed to delete the user but still have no idea where s/he came from.
It sounds like a hacker entered your blog. Make sure you have very difficult passwords for your email account and for your WordPress.com blog and make sure they are different too.
The topic ‘Mysterious user "uts12345"’ is closed to new replies.