Need help on creating my own home page
I’m new to WP. I want to create my own home page. I followed the instructions given on the following website: http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory. However, it doesn’t seem to work – not really if I’m making a small mistake or missing something. I’ll mention here what I’ve done so it may be helpful for you to assist me solve this problem – I’ll put the instruction number rather putting the whole thing.
root dir – http://wattle10.*****.com/hdocs
1. created a folder in /hdocs/wordpress
3. changed the WP url to http://wattle10.*****.com/hdocs/wordpress
4. changed the blog address url to http://wattle10.*****.com
5. saved the changed. it did not show any messages – however I was unable to go back to that page if I clicked ‘back’
6. moved all the files and folders to the newly created folder called wordpress. I also tried moving only the core files, as it said in the instructions but no luck.
7. copied the index.php file to /hdocs
9. changed (‘./wp-blog-header.php’) to (‘./wordpress/wp-blog-header.php’) in the index.php
10. tried to login to http://wattle10.*****.com/hdocs/wordpress/wp-admin – no luck with this
Your help would be very much appreciated.
Afraid you’re in the wrong forum and need to be at WordPress.ORG instead. Our software works differently and we won’t be able to help you.
You can’t. That is quite the wrong forum. Those are for installed blogs at WordPress.org. Instead, there’s a way to set up a page as a home page. I’m not sure where. Check out the WordPress.com 24/7 support pages.
Did I not just say that?
The topic ‘Need help on creating my own home page’ is closed to new replies.