New Google 1 Button Issues
I see there’s now a WordPress version of the Google+1 button. That’s nice since it loads faster and visually matches the other share links, but I’ve found two small issues.
1. In Chrome and Firefox, the Google+1 link resides a few pixels above the base line of other share links. Strangely, this does not happen in IE9. (All browsers are current versions, running on Windows 7.)
2. The Google+1 share link does not show the number of +1s, unlike Google’s standard share button and unlike the Facebook & Twitter share links. Could you please add this feature back? If there’s concern about confusing the “+1” in the label with the number of shares I would recommend simply removing the “1” and just using “Google+” as the text label.
The blog I need help with is kynosarges.wordpress.com.
Er, that last line (“The blog I need help with”) was generated automatically, I wasn’t aware of that. Those Google+1 issues are general ones, not specific to my blog.
Regardless, my blog serves well enough as an example. You can see the misalignment there under each post, and the following post did get some Google+1’s that are no longer visible since the switch to the new share link, whereas the Facebook and Twitter shares are still visible:
You can see the misalignment there under each post, and the following post did get some Google+1’s that are no longer visible since the switch to the new share link, whereas the Facebook and Twitter shares are still visible:
1. I viewed your blog and that post using IE8, Chrome 22 and Firefox 16.0.1 and I cannot see any issue with the Google + button placement. Are you running IE9 in compatibility mode? If you are that makes it render as IE7 and IE7 is not supported. To disable see > http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html
2. No comment. The Ideas Forum is where we make suggestion to Staff. https://en.forums.wordpress.com/forum/ideas
1. That’s very weird. I’ve uploaded a screenshot using Firefox 16.0.2 at 100% zoom — the issue gets more obvious at greater zoom levels, but it’s visible even here.
Regarding IE9, I think you misunderstood — that was the one browser that appeared to render correctly. It’s not running in compatibility mode, and compatibility mode does not make any difference.
2. Okay, I wasn’t sure if this was intentional since other buttons show the number of shares. I’ll repost there, thanks.
I see that tiny discrepancy in your screenshot and I flagged this for Staff attention.
I don’t know the answer to that as I disable anything at all that displays numerical values to my readers. Another volunteer may be able to answer that question for you. If not, Staff will answer it.
Thanks. If I were only using 100% zoom I might not have noticed myself, but I’m regularly using 150% zoom with my 120 dpi monitor and the Google+ link “jumping up” gets quite obvious at that zoom level.
1. The alignment issue seems to be limited to your theme. We’re looking into this.
2. I’ll see what we can do.
The alignment issue for the Google Plus button in Comet has been fixed now.
Yes, the buttons are all nicely lined up now. Thanks a lot, those small misalignments irritate me to now end. :)
The topic ‘New Google 1 Button Issues’ is closed to new replies.