We want to reiterate how much we appreciate your feedback on the new editor. We're collecting all of the major sticking points and looking to improve on them going forward. This isn't a complete list - just a list of the larger items. We'll continue to update this list as we make improvements:
- Make it easier to search long tag lists and add previously used tags to your posts
Posting and Scheduling
- Polish the Preview function to make sure you can see how your blog posts will look prior to publishing
- Clarify the language on the new editor to indicate whether a post has been saved or published
- Make sure the scheduling and Publicize functions work as reliably as they should from the new editor
- Refine image appearance in the new editor including the ability to edit galleries and get an accurate view of how your content will look prior to publishing
- Ability to select images already in your Media Library for featured images
- We're considering features like spellcheck, word count, proofread, revisions, and shortlink available in the new editor and if/how they should best be introduced into the new editor.
If you have a suggestion or bug you don't see here, please add it to the conversation.