New post windows and buttons not displaying
The blog I need help with is aleksandreia.wordpress.com.
We need a link to your blog in order to begin helping you.
Please start with http://
Excellent, thank you.
I await your help, Tess.
Some additional info: “Screen Options” are not visible, although they are plainly there when viewing the page source coding.
This seems to be a Java-related problem. Again, Java & Java script fully enabled.
Which browser are you using?
Have you cleared cache and cookies, and restarted?
Do I understand that the html editor window is there, but not the buttons? And your “publish” module is visible and functioning?
This sounds like an issue you should contact Support about.
Check this other thread. Perhaps the issues are connected (though I don’t think so):
Or another stab in the darK:
Are you running Gears? Do you have add-ons with FireFox?
Perhaps another volunteer has an idea?
Staff have been making backend adjustments and doing an upgrade and maintenance this weekend. Some members are having problems. In order to provide you with help this is the information that you must send to Staff directly:
Every time support Staff deal with an issue they need to know:
1. your browser
2. your browser version
3. your FULL blog address of the blog in question (not the blog name, the actual url that begins http:// Please note: there is no “www” in any wordpress.com url)
4. your FULL username
5. your role (Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor)
6. the email address that you registered at wordpress.com with for the blog in question do not post this personal information to the forum
7. and a very good description of the exact problem
* I did:
* I saw:
* I expected:
8. If the problem is with a specific page, post or image then Staff needs the url for whichever is in question.
9. If the problem occurred when following instruction in support documentation then a link to it is helpful.
Relying only on email and not having a ticketing system would simply result in Staff getting vague and sketchy descriptions, so they have to keep dragging out ALL of the relevant information by sending repeated emails to the you. Only then, can they can start examining solutions.
My comment on the thread that raincoaster posted should repair the problem but we are still investigating the cause for this at the moment.
Please contact support if you need us to fix it for you.
The problem is a conflict between the basic coding in the Firefox Add-on NoScript and the basic coding in WordPress.com.
I look forward to WordPress.com resolving the problem very soon.
The topic ‘New post windows and buttons not displaying’ is closed to new replies.