No hits on my blog
No one is reading my blog, what am I doing wrong?
The blog I need help with is hindsburyprimary.wordpress.com.
You are not using tags or categories. You still have the default category ‘uncategorised’, you need to change that. A few of your posts have the same titles, and also there is no ‘real’ content as your posts are like updates, some posts have just one sentence, and so search engines will have absolutely nothing to bring up in searches.
Are you actually serious or are you insane?
I am insane and I am glad that you have noticed that
I have a knack for it. Thanks for clearing that up.
Judging from your photo it takes one to know one…
@brewsterkathyann i gave you the answer, perhaps you should concentrate on working on that.
@thegiddygoat my last two comments were not directed at you but at ardpete . I have deleted two posts already and will work on improving the others. anymore suggestions that you may have please let me know. Thanks.
I know your comments weren’t directed at me, but you came here for an answer and i gave it, the other stuff is unecessary. As for your blog you need to remember that ‘content is king’ you need to blog posts with plenty of content, maybe even an image or two, and add the appropriate tags and categories, and do what i first advised, then all should be well.
And also, don’t add posts with the same titles, or Google will ignore you.
I like it, and you, you’re funny. I’ll keep on reading.
Here are 25 basic tips for more readers written by another user, timethief.
Here are 25 basic steps to take to increase traffic to your blog:
1. Structure a reader and search engine blog;
2. In blogging content is king create unique, high quality content so publish fresh content frequently;
3. Learn basic SEO so you can use keywords effectively and apply basic SEO to your headlines, blog and posts;
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the “natural” or un-paid (“organic” or “algorithmic”) search results.
4. Make your blog posts look professional;
5. Create at least 4-6 pillar posts and continue to create pillar posts;
Pillar posts are also referred to as flagship content. Pillar posts are comprehensive posts that offer great value to readers as the contents are timeless in nature. They define you as having authority in the niche you blog in.
6. Select and link to appropriate anchor text;
7. Leave meaningful comments on related blogs and encourage comments on your own blog;
8. Develop relationships with other bloggers so you can build a blog readers’ community around your own blog;
9. Support the blog centered communities on related blogs by commenting on them and promoting posts from them;
10. Link to authoritative sources in your posts;
11. Deep link to your earlier related posts in your new posts;
12. Assign appropriate categories and tag your posts with care;
13. Link to related authoritative blogs in your blogroll;
14. Provide RSS feeds for subscribers;
RSS (Rich Site Summary or really simple syndication) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it.
15. Having a well designed theme is important, evaluate your theme for effectiveness, and if required, create a new header, make improvements or replace your theme and reduce page loading time;
16. Avoid cluttering your blog with widgets that lack reader value and slow page loading time;
17. Buy your own domain and domain mapping;
18. Verify your blog with the three big search engines.
19. Get organized, use an online to do list by developing a blogging workflow;
20. Join social networks and social media sites like Facebook and use Twitter, Friendfeed and other Free RSS directories to promote your blog posts;
21. Promote your blog through social networks, online groups, and selected directories;
22. Develop a social media time management strategy and stick to it;
23. Submit your latest pillar article to a blog carnival;
24. Become a guest blogger on sites with higher page rank than your own site.
25. Create newsletters and/or ebooks for your subscribers.
Thank you both
wow, those tips really help…. I did some of them and it worked. thanks so much!
You might be interested to read some of my posts. =)
[link sig redacted by -sl1k due to forum policy]
Posting “You might be interested in my blog” and a link in the technical support forum is a really good way to get reported for spam. Do not mistake spam for promotion.
awww… oryt then. noted.
The topic ‘No hits on my blog’ is closed to new replies.