No Post Format box in Duster
I just changed theme to Duster and I don’t have ( or can’t find) a Post Format box underneath the Publish box for Asides, Links, Gallery… Anybody know what may be occurring. Thanks so much.
The blog I need help with is tostir.wordpress.com.
It is there on my test blog with duster. While in the post editor, go to the upper right and click “screen options” and make sure that “format” is checked.
I checked “format” (by the way do you have to check this for every post?) and still no Post Format box. Hmmmmmm……..?
My Post Editor doesn’t look like this screen shot. Do you see the post format box?
Also, the format in screen options doesn’t stay set in future posts.
Thank you so much for your response
Hello there. Did you know that there is no “www” in any wordpress.com URL?
Also the blog linked to your username does not seem to be the one in question as it is wearing the Structure theme.
And this __ > Stir (www.tostir….) is not a complete URL ie. a clickable link
Please, please post the link the whole link starting with http:// to the blog in question.
thanks for your patience. I love this theme, but having a bit of trouble getting it up for this new blog.
@suitablefish, it could be a browser cache or cookie issue. Log out of wordpress, clear your browser cache and cookies, restart your browser and then try again.
I cleared the browser cache and cookies and still the same issues.
My last suggestion then is to try a different browser and see if the issue persists. If it does, then there might be something staff needs to look into.
how to use the right and left side bar that the theme says is one of the features?
Please do not post off-topic question into existing threads. Please search first and if you cannot find an answer then post a new thread using this link on the front of the forum. “add a new topic’ https://en.forums.wordpress.com/?new=1
I understand how to use R and L sidebars, R only available in Specialty? Template. The problem is two things: Format in the screen options window does not stay checked as ON.
No Post Format Window appears in Post Editor for Asides, Gallergy, etc.
@ellipsis2creative: themeshaper responded to a similar question you asked on the other thread
Thanks for the link airodyssey, but it didn’t get at my problem in Duster. I still don’t have a post format box to make Asides….on any posts, and it’s strange that in screen options, Format doesn’t stay ‘checked’ post to post. Seems a mystery. Any more ideas out there?
<blockquote. still don’t have a post format box to make Asides….on any posts, and it’s strange that in screen options, Format doesn’t stay ‘checked’ post to post. Seems a mystery. Any more ideas out there?
1. What is your operating system please?
(a) Have you had any recent operating system updates, and/or firewall and/or security uppdates?
(b) Wj=ich securit program are you running?
2. Which browser and version of it are you using?
- You could have a browser issue so try changing your browser settings, refreshing the page, or clearing the browser cache and cookies – instructions for specific browsers.
- Note that when you make adjustments to your browser settings — changing privacy settings, deleting cookies or increasing security — you will need to close your window and restart the browser before those new settings become effective.
- You could try upgrading your browser.
- You could try using another browser.
- You can use this link to see if your flash is up to date.
- If it’s not up to date then this is where to download and install the latest version of flash.
4. Where are you located? How are you connecting to the internet and wo wordpress.com?
1. Operating System: MAC OS-X 10.6.6
No new updates to OP SYS.
No security software
2. cleared cache, cookies, set cookies at “Only sites I visit” (same I’ve been using with wordpress all along)
3. Same issue in Firefox (newly installed)
Flash Player up-to-date
I live in Idaho, using high-speed — no problem with other themes before this
Thanks for providing the information for Staff. Please be patient while waiting for them to respond.
Correction: I have DSL.
Thanks so much. I love the theme!
The topic ‘No Post Format box in Duster’ is closed to new replies.