Nothing but problems with WordPress
Okay… NOW the pages here are so wide I’m having to scroll back and forth right to left to be able to read them. AND STILL some of the page is chopped off on the right side of my monitor. And it gets worse. Tried for a gravatar image (for my profile). Gravatar shows me the top half of its page, where I can see my image ready to crop. But the scroll bar on the right, even when I scroll ALL the way down to the bottom of the page, does not budge the gravatar page. I can’t get to the bottom, where I presume there is a button for ‘submit’ or some such. I was told WordPress was a good site; now I’m a heartbeat from deleting my blog here completely. The site is hard to find things on and it very counter-intuitive. I think in the ‘old days’ we would say it was NOT user friendly. Very, very disappointed in the design and function.
Blog url: http://stagspirit.wordpress.com/
The blog I need help with is stagspirit.wordpress.com.
Your site is displaying as it should on Firefox and Safari. Perhaps you are having browser issues. Here are some things to try:
Thank you. I’m on the newer Firefox and have tried all these “solutions”. The problems remain. All other sites (including other blog sites) I access work fine. Only WordPress is pretty much always screwed up for me.
Please answer these questions (from another volunteer, timethief) and perhaps they will help to figure out what your precise problem is:
1. How are you connecting to the internet and to WordPress.com? The way you connect to the internet (mobile, satellite, DSL, dial-up) and to your blog, and how many proxy server jumps etc. it takes to connect can cause problems.
2. Are you using http:// or https:// see http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
3.Exactly which browser and version of it are you using? If you don’t know click here to find out > http://whatsmyuseragent.com/
4. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies? http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
5. Is your browser version up to date? You can upgrade any browser version here. http://browsehappy.com/
6. Have you tried using the browser with all extensions or add-ons disabled?
7. Do you have third party cookies enabled? http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=61416
9. Do you have another browser you can try?
The topic ‘Nothing but problems with WordPress’ is closed to new replies.