OXYGEN: Replicating Demo Landing Page
Okay, so I have started a blog for my University English class and I want it to be like the Oxygen demo page (http://www.oxygendemo.wordpress.com), with the “post slider”, then “recent articles” and then “more articles”. All I have been able to get is a regular old blog post layout without any of the cool features that made me want to use Oxygen so much.
A few people have said something about needing to do this through a “Static Page” and I understand the idea of having one of the pages (about, contact, etc.) as a static landing page, but I don’t understand how I could make this work to get the same layout as the theme’s demo website.
Please help me, I would really like to get this all nice and pretty before I start posting a bunch of stuff on it.
Also, if you need to email me anything, you can do that at (email redacted)
Thanks a bunch (in advance),
The blog I need help with is dirtymeditation.wordpress.com.
This should help get the image slider… but I myself am strugglin g with the recent and more articles bit…
Showcase page template
When you first activate Oxygen, you’ll see your posts in a traditional blog format but if you’d like to showcase your content in an online magazine-like fashion, then you can use the Showcase Page template.
The Showcase Page template offers a featured slider for Sticky Posts. To use the template, create or edit a page, and assign it to the Showcase Page template from the Page Attributes module. If you’d like use the Showcase Page template on your front page, go to Settings → Reading and set the Front page option to Static Page. Select the page you just assigned the Showcase Page template to as your front page and then choose another page to serve as your blog page.
I found the way to do it!
1) Create a new page, don’t write anything on it, and select on Page Attributes ==> Template ==> Showcase Template. Now publish the page.
2) Go to Desktop ==> Settings ==> Reading
On the first option, select “Static Page”, on Home Page select the page you just created. Then there’s another option “Blog pages”, I created a new page, and leaved it empty, and published it. I used that page in that option, but I’m not sure if that’s neccesary.
Now if you go to your Home Page, you’ll probably see that there’s nothing yet.
3) Select the entry you want to see featured above. Edit it. And you’ll find a new option called “Featured Image”, click there, the Gallery thing will pop out, make sure to choose an image that has a larger width of 750px. After you choose the image you will see the typical “post image”, but next to it, it says “Choose”, click there and then “Done”.
4) After you chosed your Featured Image, in the same entry (don’t save it yet) go to the Publish mini-menu, and click “Visibility” make sure it’s publick, and then click “Feature” or “Feature this post on the main page”.
5) Save or publish your post, go to the Home Page and finally, you’ll see the Feature Slide thing!
The topic ‘OXYGEN: Replicating Demo Landing Page’ is closed to new replies.