Pages widget link & background problem

• Author

On my pages widget some of the links don’t underline & change color when you hover over them. It also appears to be a different shade of white then my theme, is there anything I can do about this?

http://www.coconutlimedesigns.com

I am using the default pressrow theme with the following CSS edits:

a:link {
    text-decoration:none;
    color:#000000;
    }

a:hover {
    text-decoration:underline;
    color:#a9be2a;
    }

a:visited {
    text-decoration:none;
    color:#000000;
    }

#header h1 {
    display:none;
    }

Can anyone help?

The underline and change color for me with Firefox 3 and Safari 3 – both on Mac. They all go lime green when I hover over them.

I am seeing the background all jagged on the right-hand side (grey) where the child pages are shown. I can’t seem to figure out how to get that to go away though.

The link color changes appear to be working for me on a different computer (& browser) but the pages widget still appears grey instead of white. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix that?

To remove the background from the widgets change “background” to none as shown in the following:

#sidebar ul li.widget ul, #akismetwrap, .sidebar_section {
    background:none;
    float:left;
    padding:10px 0 7px;
    }

Thank you. I have gotten the background on the widget fixed now I just need to find out why the links in the pages widget don’t always change to green when you hover. It appears that only about 2/3rds of them are working correctly while viewing in IE7.

Try clearing your browser cache and then force reload the page and see if they change colors. The a:visited is set to color #000000. That means once it is visited, it doesn’t change colors.

Thanks for all your help!

You’re very welcome.

The topic ‘Pages widget link & background problem’ is closed to new replies.