Photo upload errors
I keep getting error messages when I upload photos. It says to try again later. It has been three weeks and still nothing works.
The blog I need help with is snowtotals.wordpress.com.
Then it would seem that you may have a browser related issue or a connectivity issue.
First, be sure you have not exhausted your free image storage space – Dashboard – Media – Library. If you have exhausted it then you will need to buy a space upgrade http://en.support.wordpress.com/space-upgrade/
See the accepted file types here please:
For uploading images posts and pages see here http://en.support.wordpress.com/images/
Here are more details about the options for uploading images http://wpbtips.wordpress.com/2009/04/26/images-the-three-link-options/
For troubleshooting images see here > http://en.support.wordpress.com/images/troubleshooting-images/
1. If you are not running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com/ please try upgrading or switching first.
2. If you are using an IE browser in compatibility mode please disable that mode. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html
3. If you are running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com/
(a) Try clearing your browser’s cache http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
If applicable see here for instructions on how to clear the cache for Chrome and Safari on the iPad:
(c) Disable all browser extensions or add-ons temporarily.
(d) Try enabling HTTPS: http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
Add both *.wordpress.com and *.wp.com to your list of trusted sites under the Security tab. Make sure to uncheck the box for “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.” http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/#frequently-asked-questions
4. You can use this link to see if your flash is up to date. http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ If it’s not then go to http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/ and download and install the latest version of flash.
5. Try using another browser.
6. If you are not successful let us know:
(a) Exactly what kind of device you are using to connect to the internet and to WordPress.com.
(b) Exactly which browser (and version of it) you’re using by checking here if necessary http://www.whatbrowser.org/
(c) Exactly what you experience including what any error reports you receive state.
The topic ‘Photo upload errors’ is closed to new replies.